3 - A Slytherin and a Gryffindor - Part 2

Flashback

     Once you and your new friend arrived at Hogwarts you followed Professor McGonagall with the rest of the first years into the great hall. You stood herded into a crowd in the center of the great hall as Professor McGonagall explained the old ragged hat that was sat on a stool. You weren't paying much attention though. You were mesmerized by the floating candles and the night sky stretched across the ceiling.

     After a few moments Professor McGonagall called on your name. You jumped then shyly walked up to the stool and sat down. As McGonagall placed the sorting hat on your head you could hear it mumbling. You didn't really care about which house you would be sorted into. Ravenclaws showed wit and intelligence. Hufflepuffs were loyal and hard-working, also least likely to become deatheaters out of all of the houses. Gryffindors were courageous and chivalrous. And Slytherins were cunning and ambitious. You thought you could fit in with any house.

     You could tell the sorting hat was struggling to find a perfect match for you, seeing as it took a considerable amount of time for it to finally call out,

     "Gryffindor!" You smiled as your new housemates stood and cheered from their table. Professor McGonagall pulled the hat off your head and you slid off the stool and over to the other Gryffindors. You plopped down next to an older Gryffindor boy that looked to be about two years older than you, although he was rather handsome.

     You waited a while before you saw your new friend, Jimin, step up to the stool. You smiled brightly at him in reassurance and he smiled back. He sat down on the stool and McGonagall lowered the hat on to his head. But before the hat even brushed his hair it called,

     "Slytherin!" You and Jimin both frowned. You were mildly disappointed that you and your friend weren't in the same house but it didn't keep you from wanting to be his friend.

-

     As the years went on you and Jimin had become the closest of friends, you told each other everything too. Jimin knew you better than you knew yourself, and vice versa. You also befriended quite a lot of other people, seeing as your older sister was very popular. You met Hoseok through her and you both became rather close as well. Plus you became friends with Bill Weasley, a Gryffindor boy in your year, as well as Seokjin Kim and Jungkook Jeon.

     But of course, being a Gryffindor and best friends with a Slytherin earned you a lot of bullies and odd looks. But you didn't mind. Either way, Jimin wasn't like the stereotypical Slytherin. He had the attributes of a Slytherin, yes, but he wasn't cold and hard like most other Slytherins were. And either way you didn't discriminate against Slytherins, they were all people too, and your parents always taught you to treat others the way you wanted to be treated.

     You always stuck up for Jimin since he was bullied by his own housemates since he wasn't "Slytherin enough" for their standards. Jimin and you both pulled pranks on the teachers together as well. One time you infested Snape's storage room with pixies. And another time you poured a love potion onto Fang's food and the dog was infatuated with the pumpkins outside of Hagrid's hut for a week. And the two of you helped each other study since Jimin struggled in subjects that you excelled in and vice versa, plus a lot of your classes were merged with Slytherin this year. Jimin always begged for help with Defens Against the Dark Arts, Care For Magical Creatures, and Transfiguration. While he tutored you in Charms, Potions, and Divination.

     The two of you were inseparable. Everyone knew it too. The professors, the other students, even the creatures in the Forbidden Forest knew.