6 - Thankful

The sun gleamed through the windows. Jimin's face was scratched up, but he was still so cute. You rushed over to him and wrapped your arms around him, suffocating him in a tight hug. Nova jumped up on his bed and lied down at Jimin's feet.

     "Woah, I can't breathe!" Jimin said as you squeezed him.

     "Oh, I'm sorry!" You quickly let go of him. You heard Jungkook and Jin run into the infirmary and you turned to look at them. They were both doubled over and sweaty, huffing in an attempt to catch their breath. You looked back at Jimin and you both started chuckling. Then you heard more footsteps walk into the infirmary and you turned once again.

     You saw Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, and Yoongi walk into the infirmary and you raised an eyebrow at them.

     "Why are you guys here?" You questioned.

     "We just thought someone died so we wanted to make sure that everything was okay." Hoseok responded.

     "Well, no one's dead so you can leave now."

     "Hey, be nice, Y/N." Jimin said and lightly elbowed you. You rolled your eyes.

     "Fine," You turned back to Jimin expectantly.

     "No, I don't remember what happened." He said, kind of nervously. You squinted your eyes at him.

     "What?" He asked and scratched the back of his neck. That's what he did when he lied. Why was he lying to you? He had no reason to. You didn't like that he was blatantly lying to your face. You never lied to each other. It was like an unspoken, unbreakable vow that you made with each other. He always told you everything, he never lied to you in his life.

     "Why are you lying to me?" You asked, with a hint of annoyance in your voice.

     "I'm not!" He replied, clearly nervous. You glared at him then spun on your heel and started leaving.

     "Wait! Y/N!" He called out to you, but you ignored him. Nova glared at Jimin and stood back up, turning her nose up and jumping off the bed to follow you. The boys awkwardly looked at Jimin then started following you out of the room.

     You stomped out towards the dining hall for dinner then looked down at Nova.

     "You're going to have to wait for me in the common room Nova." Nova meowed in understanding and started trotting off towards the common room. You sighed and entered the dining hall and sat with Jin and Jungkook at the Gryffindor table.

-

     That night you lied on your bed in the Gryffindor girls dormitory after wishing Jin and Jungkook goodnight. Nova lied on your bed next to you, already asleep. You were lost in your thoughts remembering the events of the night before. Then you sighed, forcing your mind to think of something else. And somehow your mind drifted off to Jin and Jungkook.

     You didn't know why, but you enjoyed thinking about something that made you happy.

Flashback

     It was your first year of Hogwarts and Jimin had detention with Professor Snape, so you sat out in the courtyard, on the ledge of the fountain, working on charms homework. Then, two Ravenclaws, who you recognized as your older sister's friends, approached you. You slowly looked up from your homework.

     "Uhm, can I help you..?" You asked the two girls.

     "'Can I help you' she says." One of the Ravenclaw girls scoffed.

     "You Gryffindors think you're better than everyone, even you lowly first years," The other girl began, "Newsflash, you're not."

     "When did I ever say that..?" You questioned.

     "You don't have to say something. Sujin has to suffer, being related to someone like you." The first girl said. Then she yanked your homework out of your hands.

     "How cute." The other girl said, snickering. You stood, expectantly waiting for them to give back your homework.

     "Give it back!" You shouted. They both smirked at you and dangled it above your head. Then a boy sporting Gryffindor robes strutted over to the three of you. The Ravenclaws' eyes widened at his arrival.

     "J-Jin, hello." One of them spoke. The boy looked at the Ravenclaw girls and glared at them.

     "Give her back her homework." He said motioning to you. The two girls rolled their eyes and tossed your homework back at you, and you barely caught it. Then Jin continued to glare at the girls and they quickly walked off.

     "You alright?" He asked, you nodded.

     "Yeah, thanks for helping." You replied, and he smiled at you.

     "No problem, my name's Kim Seokjin, by the way," He said, "But you can just call me Jin." You smiled at him. You were willing to admit that he was pretty handsome, like, on Jimin's level handsome. And he was really kind too. He also took an interest in playing a couple of pranks every so often, so he'd join you and Jimin whenever he got bored of doing his homework.

     After you befriended Jin, you considered him to be one of your best friends along with Jimin. He was the only Gryffindor who was nice to you in your first year. You and Jin hung out together whenever Jimin was busy. You also hung out with the two of them together.

End of Flashback

     You smiled as you drifted off to sleep with your cat beside you.

-

     The next morning you woke up early so you headed down to the dining hall for breakfast, followed by Nova.

     Then, someone grabbed your shoulder and spun you around, it was Hoseok.

     "Hey, would you like to sit with me and my friends for breakfast?" He asked, "Jungkook and Jin already agreed to sit with us."

     You squinted your eyes at him, questioning his motives. You did have a bit of trust issues, especially after you and Jimin were constantly picked on.

     "Why are you asking?" You responded.

     "I thought you would have been lonely without your Slytherin friend." He said, "Come on, why don't you just join us."

     "Fine." You said, then he smiled at you. Hoseok grabbed your hand and led you into the dining hall. He walked to the Hufflepuff table where Jin, Jungkook, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taehyung already sat. Then, he let go of your hand and sat down next to Namjoon.

     You sat in between Jungkook and Jin. With the other four boys sitting across from you.

     "Morning." Jin said smiling.

     "Morning." You grumbled in response.

     "What crawled in your cauldron this morning?" Jungkook asked, teasing you. You elbowed his arm in response and he rolled his eyes at you while the others chuckled a bit.

♤♧♤♧♤

Hello!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed as always! The next chapter is going to be a bit more eventful, so look forward to it! Thanks again!