10 - Animagus

Jimin had started teaching everyone advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts to your group of friends in the Room of Requirement. You knew Jimin had taken an interest in DATDA, but you didn't realize he was so advanced.

     One day, he was teaching you how to conjure a corporeal patronus. Everyone else had been able to do it already, but you were having trouble with it.

     Jimin's patronus was a ragdoll cat, Taehyung's was an otter, Jin's was a stag, Namjoon's was a wolf, Jungkook's was a jaguar, Yoongi's was a panther, and Hoseok's was a weasel.

     You held your wand up and attempted to conjure your patronus, while the boys were just practicing.

     "Expecto Patronum!" You cited, nothing happened, so you groaned, getting frustrated.

     "You have to stay focused, think of your happiest memory." Jimin said as he started walking over to you.

     "I'm trying!" You said, frustrated.

     "Try again, then." He replied.

     "It's not going to work!" You exclaimed, "It wont ever work!"

     "Just, try again." He said, firmly. You groaned again, holding up your wand.

     You closed you eyes, Think of your happiest memory idiot, you thought to yourself.

     Then, you remembered the day Jimin and you made up and he started sitting at the Hufflepuff table for meals. That was the day your group finally came together. You smiled at the memory.

     "Expecto Patronum!" You repeated, opening your eyes.

     You saw bright blue light emit from your wand as your patronus took on the formation of a Lioness. You smiled brightly at it and the boys all turned their attention to it.

     "Woah," Jin stared in awe at your patronus as it bounded gracefully about the room.

     "It's a lioness!" Taehyung exclaimed, his eyes gleaming at your patronus.

     "Yeah, obviously." Jungkook stated.

     "Good job Y/N!" Hoseok said while clapping.

     "I'm proud of you!" Jimin smiled at you. You smiled back and stopped conjuring your patronus and threw up your hands in triumph. Everyone laughed and you joined in.

     "Okay, so what next?" Namjoon asked.

     "There's not much else..." Jimin replied.

     "Teach us how to become an animagus!" You said. Everyone's eyes went wide, you had forgotten that Jimin only told you about the whole animagus thing.

     "You're an animagus?" Namjoon asked.

     "Y-Yeah," He began, "But I'm registered!"

     "Oh, okay, that's good." Hoseok said.

     "I'm not," You heard Yoongi say from across the room.

     "Wait what?" You said.

     "I'm not a registered animagus," He continued, "I didn't think it was necessary to be registered, it kind of defeats the whole purpose if you ask me."

     "Woah," You, Jungkook, and Jin said. You didn't know Yoongi was an animagus.

     "Can you teach us then?" Taehyung asked.

     "You actually want to learn?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow at Taehyung.

     "I think it'll help me talk to animals," Taehyung replied, "So why not?"