5 - New Friends

Your heart thumped and your fingers started going numb from the cold. Then you heard a rustling in the bushes behind you and you quickly turned and pulled your wand out of your robes.

     "Who's there?" You shouted, attempting to hide the trembling in your voice as you spoke. But no one answered.

     You noticed Nova had stopped meowing and she was cowering behind your legs. You too, were scared. You knew that centaurs could be dangerous, and that the other creatures could be a threat. Your hands trembled as you held your wand out. Then you heard galloping surrounding you and you glanced around anxiously, knowing that the centaurs were nearby.

     Then a figure emerged from the bushes. You noticed their hair was messy and full of brambles, their Hogwarts robes with green accents were torn and tattered, covered with dirt. They had cuts and bruises on their exposed skin.

     It was Jimin, you rushed over to him.

     "Are you okay? What happened?" You questioned, he didn't respond. Your frowned then he went unconcious in your arms.

     You started freaking out. You didn't know what happened or why he was even out here.

     Then a group of centaur emerged from the fog. You heard Nova hiss to get them away from you and Jimin, but they ignored the cat.

     You were shivering, you didn't know if it was from the cold or from fear.

     "What are you doing here?" A centaur said, threateningly.

     "I-I was just looking for my friend... T-then I came here... I'm s-sorry if I invaded your territory or anything..." Your voice trembled, you knew that you couldn't sound threatening in the moment, so you tried your best to be apologetic as to not upset the centaurs.

     "Leave," The same centaur said, "Now."

     "W-wait!" You uttered, "Do you know what happened to him..?"

     The centaur scoffed, "Do you not understand what 'leave' means?" He said as he drew his bow and arrow.

     You were nervous, but you wanted answers.

     "Please, did you do it to him? Or was it someone else?"

     "I have no reason to tell you anything." The centaur said, clearly growing irritated with you.

     "Just-" You began, then the centaur shot an arrow, barely passing the side of your face and getting wedged into a tree behind you. You didn't move, you glared at the centaur, waiting for your answer. The rest of the centaur then drew their bows and you knew that there was nothing you could do.

     You quickly supported Jimin's weight by wrapping his arm over your shoulders.

     "Come on Nova!" You shouted at your cat as you walked as fast as you could out of the forest with your cat scampering after you.

     You glanced over your shoulder at Chippie and frowned, "I'm sorry..." You mumbled to yourself.

     You turned back to focus on where you were walking when you saw a large figure standing in front of you, holding a lantern with his large dog at his side.

     "What are ye' doin' out in the Forbidden Forest, Y/N!?" The half giant said urgently.

     "Hagrid!" You began, "I'm sorry, I was worried about Jimin and ended up here. Please help, he's all beaten up."

     Hagrid squinted his eyes at you as he set down his lantern and took Jimin from you, carrying him bridal style. You sighed in relief then picked up Hagrid's lantern. Fang leaned his head down to sniff Nova, but she just hissed at the large dog while swinging her claws at him threateningly.