9 - Jungkook's Heart

After Jungkook left the party he went to his dormitory and sat on his bed thinking.

     He just saw Bill Weasley, of all people, making out with Angelica. The girl he liked and was planning to ask out at the end of the party.

     What if it had been Y/N that Bill was with!? He would've broken all of Bill's bones. Y/N was too beautiful and delicate for a guy like Bill.

     Why was he thinking about Y/N again? Everytime he thought of Angelica his mind wandered to Y/N, but why? They were just friends. Neither of them had feelings for each other.

     Unless...

     No, Jungkook didn't like Y/N like that. Besides, he swore to Jimin that he would never have romantic feelings towards Y/N.

     Even if he did like Y/N as more than a friend, which he clearly didn't, he couldn't break his promise to Jimin. Besides, Jungkook could tell by the way the others looked at her. He could tell how much they liked her.

     Taehyung had a gleam in his eyes that he never quite had, whenever he noticed her presence.

     Hoseok would smile brighter than he ever had. He even promised that he wouldn't report her if she broke any school rules, which was very out of character for him.

     Jin was always so kind to her, instead of being sarcastic and witty like he is with everyone else. He was genuine and caring with her.

     Namjoon always made sure she ate her meals, and would help her study if she needed it - something he would never do for anyone else.

     Yoongi became more open and outgoing whenever she was around. He would smile and laugh at everything she said.

     And Jimin, well, Jimin was overbearing and swore that he'd murder any of us if we started dating her.

     But Jungkook didn't even like Y/N, so he had nothing to worry about. Y/N was one of his best friends, there was no way he would ever have feelings for her. Jungkook liked Angelica, and only Angelica. Y/N was pretty, sure, and brave, loyal, compassionate, smart, she was everything.

     But Angelica was better! She's... she's Angelica, of course!

     Y/N wasn't like Angelica. So obviously, Jungkook liked Angelica, and no one else.

-

     The next day, after classes, Jungkook had decided to head to Hagrid's hut, trekking along in the snow. Taehyung had said that there was something Hagrid wanted to show them so they all tagged along. Including their pets, since Hagrid requested that they come as well.

     Nova, Sora, and Taehyung's Ocicat, Oakey padded alongside Y/N and Taehyung, leaving little pawprints in the snow. Yoongi's green snake was wrapped around his wrist and hand, like usual, hiding mostly in his sleeve for warmth. Jin's sugar glider peeked out from the collar of his shirt. Hoseok's ferret was scampering after the cats to keep up with them. And Namjoon's and Jungkook's owls flew overhead.

     "Why did Hagrid tell us to bring our animals with us?" Namjoon asked.

     "No clue, but it'll probably be fun!" Taehyung exclaimed. Y/N giggled at him, but Jungkook rolled his eyes.

     Jungkook knew a lot about Magical Beasts too! So why did Y/N only talk about them with Taehyung!? Jungkook even read books about the creatures that Y/N loved the most so that he could know more about them - and Jungkook never read books! It was so unfair!

     While Jungkook was sulking, they had finally reached Hagrid's hut. Y/N knocked on the door. Jungkook watched her intently, the way her delicate knuckles tapped against the door. The way her pretty hair was blown from the light gusts of wind. The way her red and gold scarf complimented her pretty skin. Her cheeks and nose were flushed from the cold, which made her look even more pretty.