12 - Christmas - Part 1

After Jimin and Hoseok's fight they had both received detention for a week. So you hadn't seen either of them for a while.

     When their week of detention was finished, students started heading home for Christmas Break. You decided to stay, but the seven guys all left. You said goodbye to all of them except Hoseok, since you still weren't on speaking terms.

     Of course, your sister went back home for the holidays. Your parents invited you to come home as well, but you had decided not to. You had some digging to do.

     On the first day of Christmas break you spent most of the day in the empty library. You searched through the shelves for hours, skipping lunch.

     That morning during breakfast your parents had sent you two news papers. One was the morning issue of the Daily Prophet, and the other was a muggle newspaper. You started reading the issue of the Daily Prophet and set the other paper to the side.

"Death Eaters at Large"

"Minister Bagnold States: 'All is Well'"

"Thirteen Reported Disappearances"

     You read the headlines of the paper and sighed. You had to find out about what could have attacked Jimin that night in the Forbidden Forest. You knew that it had to do with something.

     After you finished eating you took the papers and went to the library. You stayed there reading books through the day, trying to remember the details of that night.

     You looked at all sorts of books on magical creatures but you couldn't find anything that could have given Jimin the types of injuries he had.

     Then you remembered.

     There was a full moon that night.

     You got up from the table you were at and searched for books on werewolves. There had to be something that could explain what happened. You opened a book and skimmed through it. The wounds Jimin had matched the description of the other victims of werewolf attacks.

     You looked out a window to check what the moon phase was, waxing gibbous. It was nearly a full moon.

     You packed up the books and planned the next day to sneak out to the Forbidden Forest again.

-

     That evening you sat in the Gryffindor common room. You had waited until everyone else was asleep, sitting on one of the couches watching the forbidden forest on the Marauder's Map. Then you saw someone walk into the forest.

     "Fenrir Greyback..." You mumbled to yourself. Who is that!?

    You stood up and quietly snuk out of the common room, avoiding the prefects. You headed towards the forbidden forest as quietly as you could.

     Once you arrived at the outskirts of the forest you looked up at the full moon, sighing to yourself. Then you heard howling and snapped your head to look for where it came from.

     You cautiously walked into the forest looking around to make sure you were safe. You held your wand tightly in your hand while you anxiously glanced around.

     "Hello!?" You called, "Is someone here!?"

     You heard howling again. Then, loud footsteps stomped over to you from behind. You quickly turned to see a werewolf sprinting towards you. You walked backwards as fast as you could when you stumbled back over a tree root, falling on to your back.