19 - Feelings

The weather became increasingly windy and rainy as winter faded to spring. You were inside the Gryffindor common room with your cat, Nova, as well as Jin and Jungkook. You all sat in front of the fireplace keeping warm as thunder and lighting struck outside. It had been a few days since your O.W.L. exams so the four of you were just relaxing and talking.

     It was late so you all had finished classes for the day. You noticed teachers were becoming increasingly lax when it came to their lessons, now that the O.W.L.s were done. Except, of course, Professor Snape. He was just as strict and cold as usual.

     You lied on the couch taking up most of the space, watching the Marauders Map out of boredom. Jin sat in one of the armchairs. Jungkook sat on the floor in front of the couch, with Nova stretched out on his lap as he gently pet her.

     It was calm, and quiet, too quiet. Usually something would've happened by now but ever since your O.W.L.s you and your friends hadn't gotten into any trouble. It was abnormal to you.

     As you read the Marauders Map you noticed a name by the forbidden forest which you had seen before, "Fenrir Greyback." But he wasn't the only one who was there, other names, which you hadn't recognized, were with this guy as well. You quickly sat up and then showed Jungkook the map.

     "You've told me about Fenrir Greyback, but who are the others?" You asked, pointing at the new names on the map. Jungkook analyzed the names for a moment.

     "Not sure, they could be some of his werewolf buddies, but I don't recognize them." He replied, Jin came over and looked at the map.

     "No idea what you're talking about, but alright." Jin said. You and Jungkook shrugged.

     "It's not really important." You replied.

-

     The end of the school year was coming closer to an end, and you noticed that your relationship with some of the guys had become different. Jin and Jungkook were just like before, however, the others became more distant again.

     Namjoon would hardly ever show up for meals and when he did he'd sit at the Ravenclaw table.

     Hoseok and Taehyung were in their own world together. They would really only hang out with each other, and during meals they'd just talk amongst themselves.

     Jimin and Yoongi were odd. Sometimes, Jimin was just like he was before, but then there would be moments when he'd just stare blankly, in his own headspace. And Yoongi, while he wasn't initially comfortable with being touchy feely, he became increasingly more distant, especially from you.

     Jin and Jungkook noticed it too, they were just as confused as you were by it.

     One day, you were walking through the halls by yourself, you had a free period and you had decided to just relax a bit. Then, Yoongi showed up out of nowhere, grabbed your wrist and started walking somewhere.

     "Uhm, Yoongi?" You questioned, "Where are we going?"

     He stayed silent as he lead you to an empty corridor. He dropped your wrist and turned to you. He looked you directly in the eye. You looked at his forehead, avoiding eye contact, as his piercing eyes shot right through you.

     "Y/N," He spoke.

     "What?" You replied, looking anywhere but at him.

     "I want to ask you something."

     "Which is?"

     "Do you ever think that you'd want to be..." He paused, biting his lip, trying to figure out the right words, "More than friends with one of us?"

     "What do you mean...?" You asked, finally looking at him in confusion.

     "Would you ever want to date one of us?" He said, much more direct.

     Your face went bright red. Of course, you considered it, but you never thought that it would actually happen. You thought that you were considered as nothing more than a friend to them. But does Yoongi bringing it up mean he has romantic feelings for you?

     "Well, I mean.." You replied, trailing off, looking away from him again, "Maybe? I don't know, it's kind of a foreign concept. I've just assumed that my relationship with you and the guys is completely platonic up until now."

     Yoongi stayed quiet, and you looked back up at him. He looked like he had something he wanted to say, but he couldn't say it. Then finally, he blurted out.

     "Will you go on a date with me?"

♤♧♤♧♤

Hello! It's been a while. I was kind of detoxing from technology and stuff because I had been in a really bad place now that I stopped seeing my therapist because of the pandemic. Anyways, I hope you all are doing well!

Sorry for the shorter chapter by the way. The next one is going to be a lot longer in order to tie up loose ends.

This is the second to last chapter of the book then I'll be taking a break to work on year 2 and have it prepared. I already have the base for the first few chapters I just have to edit and such.

Anyways, while I prepare year 2, I have three other ideas for stories and I'd like your opinions on which you would be willing to read more.

The first one would be set similarly to England during the Tudor Dynasty. It would be another BTS x Reader fanfiction and I was thinking of doing multiple endings for each of the guys.

The second would be kind of like a rewrite of my other book "Lost at Sea" except it would be a bit more cohesive and it would have a different storyline, and it would also be BTS x Reader with multiple endings as well.

The third would be a lot more magical, and centered around things like the stars and zodiac.

I'll elaborate more on the ideas if you need me to.

But, please let me know your thoughts!

Also, let me know if you'd like to see anything happen in this story for year two, I'll take all past and future requests into account.