13 - Christmas - Part 2

When you got up into your dorm you had set the box down under your bed and you were planning on opening it later. Of course, you had forgotten as you got caught up in doing other things that day.

     The next day you were walking around the halls, reading as Nova followed you around. You didn't realize how lost you were in the book you had been reading until someone approached you. You quickly closed the book so that the person who walked over to you didn't catch on to what you were doing.

     "Ms. Hong," Snape's cold and stern voice sent chills down your spine, "Professor Dumbledore wishes to speak with you."

     "What? Why? I didn't do anything." You replied, defensively.

     "I don't know Ms. Hong, but I suspect it'd have something to do with that book." He said, glaring at you with his cold eyes.

      "It's just a book, Professor. I didn't do anything wrong."

     "Must I drag you to Professor Dumbledore's office?"

     "No, no, I'll go!"

     You quickly started walking off to Dumbledore's office, followed by Nova of course. You got to his office and the staircase slowly spun down so that you could see the gold phoenix. You sighed as you stepped on to the first step with Nova and the staircase started to ascend to take you to Dumbledore's office.

     Once you had arrived you stepped out of the staircase and looked around. Dumbledore sat at his desk as a phoenix flew around the room then landed on a porch by Dumbldore's desk.

     "You asked to see me, Proffesor?" You said questioningly.

     "Yes," He began, "Ms. Hong, as I understand it, you were there the night Professor Snape and I were talking with Mr. Min and Mr. Park in private."

     You gulped, How did he know?

     "Yes, Professor," You replied, "But I was only curious as to why you were talking to them out in the Forbidden Forest of all places."

     "I see, you're not in trouble, however, I do hope that your opinions on Mr. Min and Mr. Park haven't changed after you found out their relation to Death Eaters."

     "Oh, of course not!"

     "Good, they're both rather fond of you."

     You nodded, of course they were, they were both your friends.

     "In fact, all seven of those boys are very interested in you." He continued.

     "Well, we're all friends, Professor." You responded.

     "Right," He nodded, "But that's besides the point. I would like to ask you something."

     "What is it, Professor?" You looked at him confused.

     "I implore you, not to go looking into these disappearances. It's too dangerous."

     "But, Professor-"

     Dumbledore held up his hand to cut you off.

     "I cannot allow a student to risk their lives because they got too curious about these disappearances."

     You looked down and sighed.

     "Yes, Professor."

     "If I find out you've been meddling again, I'm afraid there will be greater consequences." He said sternly, "You may leave now."