The Schemes / Our Fight

The gang had slowly started making their way towards the Volcano Entrance, Tau peeking inside to take a glance around for something, or rather 'someone', "Clear, for now." He whispers over to the others who started coming in one after the other slowly. The others all look around the place, it was an eerie place with the lava casting an evil look of the place, with stalagmite around casting shadows like teeth.

"This place is deser-" the honey badger, Bunga started shouting as Tau quickly shut him up by placing a paw over his loudmouth, "Shhh! If I know Ushari, he's lurking around somewhere." Tau whispers to him as he glances around to see if they had responded from the Badger's voice. He puts his paw down and resume to try and lead the others towards the center of the Volcano where the ashes are at.

"Alright, get what you came for and let's get out of here! The less time here, the better." Tau expressed the desire to quickly leave when a hissing sound caught their attention, "What's the hurry? You came all this way here, stay for a while." A cobra rising from his coil that looked like it was a boulder with the lighting.

"Ushari!" Tau called out at the Cobra who gave a sinister smirk at the mention of his name, "Who else were you expecting?" he mocked Tau with a snicker, returning his attention back to Tau and the others, "I must say, it is a surprise seeing you help these Pridelanders Tau." Ushari mentioned which Tau was not thrilled of being reminded of, "That is of no concern to you Ushari, just let us get the Volcanic Ash and I promise we'll leave you alone." Tau tried reasoning with Ushari.

"Volcanic Ash? You mean for King Simba?" Ushari implies which Bunga was surprised, "Yeah, how did you know?" but Tau caught on to how he would know something like this, "It was you!" the Pridelanders were enraged at the culprit.

"Yes Tau, I had simply sent a 'Friend' of mine to pay the King a visit and give him a gift from us Outlanders." Ushari had tried to hold back his laughter but it found its way anyway, "And if you were to help us Tau, I can promise you that I can make it worth your wild." This catching his attention, Tau raised a brow, "What do you mean?"

Ushari's grinned at the possibility of gaining a new ally, "If the King finally dies, us Outlanders can finally take back the Pridelands and all their food and water. And all you got to do is to get rid of these pesky Pridelanders." Tau started to think of those words as the Pridelanders grew fearful of this hesitation he was showing, "You can't be seriously thinking of betraying us!" Fuli jumping in front of Tau with a stern frown at him.

Tau let out a scoff at her words, "I don't remember us agreeing to be your ally, Pridelander!" Tau said to her cold and harsh, this made them grow more worried at this as Ushari smirks at the possible ally he could gain, "But I would have to decline Ushari!" This caught both Ushari and the Pridelanders by surprise, "What?!" Ushari asked surprised.

"I may not like these Pridelanders or their king, and sure I would be lying if I said I didn't wish they would suffer like we had, but I was entrusted by my Grandfather to protect the borders! And if this scheme of yours will ruin that trust, I would rather help them save their king to stop you!" Tau growled at Ushari.

A chuckling in the darker parts of the Volcano had caught their attention, looking over to see a figure coming out of an open cavern in the wall, "I told you Tau would never join us." A female hyena came out who was a head taller than Tau with hazel brown eyes, grey fur with two white lines rushing from her forehead to her black mane. Her legs had speckles of white circles hollowed inside and dark grey stockings fur on her paw. "Safia!" Tau growled mentioning her name.

Coming from behind her were four other hyenas, three of them being females who slowly walks around Safia taking the front with a grin on their faces. The other was' a male who remained hiding in the shadows looking skittish to leave from there, which Safia was not happy for his delay in leaving from the spot, "KURU!" she snaps at him. He has grey fur, bright green eyes, and a black stripe on his face around the eyes like a mask. With black sock on the two front paws and the back being plain grey, his black mane bends backwards and on his right ear is a single bite mark.