What had change?

It was just another day in the Outlands as the sun was about to rise, before it had; in a den where hyenas sleep, a lion cub named Tau woke up next to his sleeping brother Janja on a pillar looming over the rest of the hyenas.

"heh, morning brother." Tau whispered to Janja giving him a quick nudge to not wake him, he rose up and escape from the cave without waking a single hyena up from their sleep. When he was able to get out, he stretched his muscle to relieve himself from the morning fatigue.

Venturing through the Outlands till he made it to an open savanna field with tall dried grass and life of different animals, this place to the Outlands was known as the 'Hunting Ground' and was only allowed to be hunted by Outlanders who respected the Circle of Life. And what made it easier for them to accomplish this was the difficulty of finding this place.

"Morning Tau!" Tau heard a voice call out to him from behind, looking around to see a purplish gray female hyena that was a few inches taller than him, "Madoa!" he said happily to see a familiar and friendly face. "You here to hunt as well?" Tau asked the hyena who gave the cub a smile.

"Yeah, got to feed the pups and everyone else." Madoa said before continuing, "You seem to be doing well."

"Of course! Got to take care of my brother and the rest." Tau said with glee, Madoa remembered seeing Tau charge in their den nervously a few days back, Jasiri told her that Tau had crossed the border into the Pridelands and met with Pridelanders.

"Guess I should get me my breakfast first." Tau said walking away from Madoa so he could find something to eat.

Observing around until he caught sight in a far distance away a pond of ducks swimming around, a smile coming to the lion as he slowly starts to approach through the tall grass towards where the ducks are. Keeping his body low to the ground and shifting his weight as to not make a sound, he also made sure there were no sticks or stones around to make noise.

Finally reaching the end point of the tall grass before the pond, he had a few feet distance from where he was to where they were and knew that if he wanted to be successful, he had to wait till one approached close to him.

His patient soon came rewarded when a good sized duck swam close enough to the shores where Tau was waiting, making a leap at the duck and falling into the water. This had caused the other ducks around to take to the sky and the two were in the water till a few seconds later the victor came out with his prize in his mouth.

Enjoying his meal as the sun would dry his fur, and once he had finished eating, he quickly started to wash off the blood to remove the smell of death from himself before continuing to capture the next thing that would be breakfast for his brother and the pack.

[Back at the Den]

Tau had managed to drag back a large oryx he had caught, twice the size of his own. 'Janja will be happy with this!' he thought to himself with a smile at what he caught. Making his arrival at the den where he took notice of Nne, Tano, Cheezi, and Chungu all waiting, he saw that it was Cheezi this time keeping watch of the den where he knew Janja would be sleeping.

This time he was without his pitch of water, but that had never stopped him from pulling his pranks on his brother, noticing near by a small caterpillar crawling on a stone ledge he went ahead and picked it up, "Perfect." He said giving a look at the critter with a sinister smirk as it crawl across his paw.

Tau came approaching the group while keeping the oryx hidden out of sight, and though he keeps it hidden, he knew that Tano and Nne were already aware of where he had hidden it and had an idea what he was up too.