Tau's Struggle with Hatred -Pt. I-

Welcome to the Second Saga of this story! I appreciate the love and support that I'm getting from this fanfic and wish to continue improving so that I can provide a quality entertainment.

Tau raced back into the Outlands; avoided looking back at the place that brought a burning rage in his chest. 'Pridelanders can't be trusted' he repeated to himself, each louder than the last until it came out in a fit of rage. Swiping his claws against a lone boulder, leaving behind a mark.

He looked at the mark he had made, trying to calm his breathing, "Augh! Why is that name so infuriating!" Tau groaned trying to understand what had just happened. That name was like an echo from a time since Tau long forgotten, feeling a sense of belonging; but he didn't want to acknowledge that feeling was to the Pridelander. '... kion ...' he muttered to himself.

Turning around towards the Pridelands that he rushed out of, a moment of silent between him and the place until Tau went and broke it, "Good riddance!" he said turning away and headed on back.

[Pridelands]

The royal had returned back to Pride Rock after the incident with Safia and her hyenas, Kiara was around with her two friends Tiifu and Zuri comforting her after that ordeal. Her wounds weren't severe, but the image played in her mind as the hyena had her pinned.

Simba and Nala were away from the group discussing about the matter with the lion that showed up, "I'm telling you; our son is alive!" Nala said to which Simba questioned of this matter, giving a deep sigh, "I understand you want to believe that, but you got to realize Nala, our son was killed." Simba tried getting her to see things. "No one could find his corpse, that means he could have survived." Nala resumed.

"Then why haven't he returned?! What kept him away from us all this time?" Simba argued, shocking Kiara and her friends with the tone, and just as Simba thought he got her to see things, "I thought the same thing when I found out that you were alive." Her tone was stern and harsh calling to the past when he ran away and lived with Timon and Pumbaa while everyone else believed he was killed.

Simba let out a sigh trying to calm himself, he questions if that was really his son that they've lost when he was an infant. A moment of question brought him to that moment, 'That hyena called him Tau.' That was the same name that the young Pridelander group kept saying was the lion living in the Outlands. But what got him wondering was why did they leave when he told them too, and why did he run?

"Very well, tomorrow we'll look for him." Simba said getting a pleased look on Nala, rubbing against Simba, "Thanks."

Simba watched Nala leave his side and approach next to their daughter and friend, this whole ordeal got him concerned about what is happening. Could his son have survived all this time, and in the Outlands no less? Leaving the den to get some fresh air, the moment of silent felt great to the lion as he was unaware of a mandrill meditating on a pillar, "Something troubling you?" the Mandrill asked.

Turning around in surprise at the mandrill, "Rafiki!" he said shock but also happily to see a familiar face, "You can tell?" he asks the mandrill nervously. No matter how much he may be able to act like everything was fine, Rafiki was able to always tell when something was wrong.

Taking a deep breath, "It's just... All of this is crazy, I don't know what to think. I almost lost my daughter after losing my son and now it turns out he could be alive. Could it be that Kion survived?" Simba asked Rafiki. "Simba, when facing with what could be, see it with your own eyes." He said sounding like there is wisdom behind his words but in the end, it only sounded like a crazy monkey reading from a fortune cookie.