Kama's on the Move (Pt. 1)

In case you have forgotten: Kuru is Safia's runt of a brother and Hatari is a jackal who is also a part of Reirei's pack. The two are friends of Tau who observes the group they are a part of.

[Safia's Den]

Morning was starting to come to the Outlands, as the sun rises over the volcano that homes to Ushari, Safia, and her pack. In a small crevasse that is roughly big enough to house Kuru, he was woken by the sun piercing in through a small hole leading to the outside.

He let out a yawn, stretching his legs as far out as his room would let him. He used to have a struggle getting in or out of his little hole, but after spending a long time living inside it, he had come to find an easy method in dealing with it. Though it did result in a countless of sleepless nights and back pain.

He made his way to the large open cavern that is illuminated by the lava's glow and the air was rough to breath from the steam in the vents polluting it, sitting in her own spot was his sister Safia, "Morning sis." Kuru said to her with a cheerful smile hoping for a greeting back but was only greeted with a groan as she looked away to work on grooming herself.

Kuru's ears dropped at the cold reception from his sister, even though he was used to her not caring about him; he hope that there might be a chance that she would treat him like a family. "I'll go clean myself, call me if you need anything." He said, his voice was low and nervous but kept an optimistic cheer to his sister.

Safia looked over at him with annoyance as he headed to a far-off corner of the cavern, she returned back to cleaning herself but was quickly interrupted again by another voice, "Anyone home?!" Safia let out another grunt, looking at where the voice came from to find who was the dead fool who disturbed her moment of herself, but a fear soon came over her when she saw who interrupted her moment; a figure standing at the entrance of the volcano with a wicked grin on her face.

"KAMA!" Safia said jumping to her feet in a fright, "Ah, Safia! I thought someone would be here." Kama said coming in through despite not being invited in. Coming closer to the female hyena; and with each four steps closer Kama got, Safia took a step back trying to act tough when she felt anything but that at this very moment.

Kama looked at Safia with a satisfying smile at her fear, "What do you want?!" Safia asked Kama, the serval saw the hyena try to act tough and this scene looked no different from an infant trying to stand up to a predator that could eat them whole and would. "If you've come for a fight, then ~" Safia said but was quickly cut off by Kama.

"Fight? No, though I would love too if you're inviting." She said licking at her lips like she was starving for a meal. A moment of silence between the two as Safia was frighten at this before Kama broke it, "I came here for Kuru." She said looking at the said hyena in the corner away from the two. The two were surprised by this; what could she want with Kuru?

"Why do you want him?" Safia asked Kama, both curiously and annoyed that she dared to come here and demand of him like she owned him. Her attention came from Kuru back to Safia, "These are the wishes of Kulua! Do you dare challenge his request?" Kama threatened.

She took a moment to think of this, "Do what you want." She gave in to Kama's demand, allowing her to approach to the cornered hyena who looked in fright at the approaching serval with bloody red eyes and a wicked smile across her face.

He knew of Kama, a monster of the Elephant Graveyard that serves under Kulua; anyone who were captured by them would never see the light of day again, they were the bringer of death in the Outlands. And he feared that her being here was the calling of his time to meet his own.