The Night that stains with Blood

Under the bright sun in an open wide field of tall grass blowing in a warm breeze, the sound of birds chirping. "Hello?!" a voice calls out from within the tall grass, "Tau? Hatari?" the voice called out again.

Stepping out of the grass is a lone male hyena with a gray coat and black stripe around his emerald eyes like a mask. His black mane swaying with in the wind as he steps further out of the tall grass, pieces of leaves sticking against his coat.

He looks around for anyone that could be around, or at the very least understand where he could be. "Where is this place?" he spoke softly to himself, a confusion on his face as he continues on venturing through wherever he was.

Walking through for what felt like hours as he continues to look for any sign of another form of life besides his own, any was starting to feel welcome, even his sister. "Anyone out there?" he continued to call out for a response, only... No one responds.

He was starting to feel like he was all alone, was this going to be his life? To be lost with no way getting back home? As he was starting to feel depressed, a voice called out to him, "kuru!" it was soft, but he was still able to hear it none the less.

His ears perks up at this, racing quickly through the tall grass to try and find where the voice came from, "I'm here!" he called out to hopefully let whoever was calling his name know he was coming. Slowly the one calling his name was starting to grow louder in volume, meaning that he was approaching at whoever was there.

He feels his breath rushing by fast with each step, his heart pounding, the vision of the grass around felt like a blur as he ran as fast as his feet could take him, the sound of thumping with each pound his feet hit the ground. 'I'm coming!' he had not realized that his voice was starting to die, and he was starting to think it.

Brushing away the last of the grass that stood between him and whoever calling out his name, finding standing on a lone hill with the grass cut short four figures standing in front of the blazing sun, the light blinding him away from seeing who were standing there but seeing their shadows.

He placed his right paw over his eyes to hopefully lighten the damage the light were doing towards him, "Who are you?" he asked, one figure stepping towards him with the sound of his steps.

Having troubles finding who was standing just moments away from him, he could see a blinding bright coat on the figure in front of him with an even brighter smile, "You must remember, you're never alone Kuru." He said placing a paw on Kuru's shoulder. His voice was stern and reliable but also familiar, though he could not for some reason remember where he heard it.

'Why is he telling me this?' Kuru thought while still not able to see who he was up against, "What do you mean?" he asks.

"I'm going to need you to be strong, you are my best friend now and forever." He said to Kuru before suddenly vanishing. It was as if he had disappeared into thin air, though he couldn't figure out how it had happened.

The next figure started to approach him, their step was more with quiet steps as if their body was lightly built compared to the last, now standing at the same distance from Kuru as the last had, "It can't be easy hurting a family you hold close, but I will always be here to help ease your pain." The voice was a female that felt comforting and caring, another that he had struggled to remember where he had heard it before but knew it was one that he held dear to him.

Before he could say anything, the figure had vanished as like the last had. He was still struggling to see what was happening or why he was failing to adjust to the light allowing him to see those who were coming towards him. He wanted to turn away from the bright light, but something would feel like turning away was not the right choice here.