4

LTPC Chapter 4: Avoiding the Charms of a Female

At the entrance of the Municipal Theater Hall, Yi Ran waited for Gu Tingchuan’s assistant, Xiao Zhao. After arriving, he handed her the ticket and left with a smile on his face. 

Prior to this, Yi Ran had thought that there might be a chance to take a look at who Director Gu’s "friends" might be, and whether it would be a female companion, thus providing fodder for her gossiping heart. 

But then again, he was a famous director. Why would he show his private life to a little teacher?

The performance began on time, and Yi Ran was in the best seating on the first floor. Looking around, she saw a lot of familiar faces on TV sitting nearby. Unexpectedly, she did not see Director Gu. Most likely, he and his friend were in the VIP box.

Two hours of time quickly flew by. The exquisite acting of the foreign actors, the beauty of the closing curtains, the soaring music, all intertwined into a great and beautiful work, causing the audience to enthusiastically applaud.

Even after the theater lights flickered on, the audience’s applause still resounded for more than ten minutes. Finally, everyone took their red hands and left the theater hall under the guidance of the staff. 

Outside, the bright glow of the street lamps seemed to slightly sway in the wind. The darkness of the night hung over the city that never sleeps and the sounds of cars filled the air. Yi Ran stood by the road, planning to use a taxi software to request a car. After a moment, she happened to see a tall figure standing among the shadow of the nearby trees and realized that it was Gu Tingchuan. 

Seeing the other party, Yi Ran thought that it would not be grateful or polite to ignore him. Therefore, she took the initiative to go over. “Gu…”

As she was about to blurt out his name, she realized that doing so might attract unwanted attention. After taking a few more steps, she finally called, “Mr. Gu!”

Gu Tingchuan lifted his eyes to look over at her and then, after saying “hello,” he added, “What did you think of it?”

Yi Ran could not help commenting on the play. She began to happily praise it. “It was a first-rate show, a truly masterful piece with vivid and realistic portrayals...”

Gu Tingchuan’s gaze was steady under the lights of the night and, as he looked at her, he gradually realized that her liveliness was very interesting. His mouth slightly curved into a smile. 

She was still talking when she heard a man’s voice next to her. “You came alone to watch the performance?”

She turned to see a man and could not help but be surprised. It turned out that the friend brought by Director Gu was actually a man who looked like a second generation wealthy son.

Yi Ran smiled and said, “It’s nothing. Single dogs are like this. I am used to it.” 

Any way, she had tried one person eating hot pot, one person watching a movie, one person listening to opera. This was nothing. 

“I only gave her one ticket,” Gu Tingchuan explained to the other person. 

The man immediately joked, “Hey, don’t be so quick to say it. It would have been easy for me and this young lady to switch seats. Director Gu must know this.”