19

LTPC Chapter 19: The Night Is Long

Gu Tai's achievements in school had always been among the best. His character was a little cold and proud, but he was also an extremely smart child with good genes and a handsome face. Naturally, it was easy for him to become the teacher's "heart treasure.” Moreover, even if he didn’t understand his homework, they were willing to tutor him. Therefore, Yi Ran didn’t need to help him much. 

She watched him as he worked, remembering that his grandparents also hired an after school tutor for him. She couldn’t bear to let him get tired and said, “Look at the picture book first. Then you can do the rest of it tomorrow.”

Yi Ran took him to the guest room to settle down and sleep. Then, she went and took a shower, the hot steam making her feel radiant and relaxed. Afterward, she laid in bed, brushing through Weibo. She paused when she saw Gu Tingchuan. A few days ago, he and several starring actors had attended a charity event to publicize Homecoming. 

In addition to allowing himself to be photographed and recorded on television, he calmly responded to the questions about the development of the film. He was very vocal in showing his attitude and full-fledged enthusiasm for the upcoming film. However, any questions about his personal life only received short answers. 

Those clear eyes of his had the ability to penetrate through the screen into the hearts of young girls. 

Yi Ran was still looking at the pictures with great enthusiasm when Gu Tingchuan came out from his shower. As he wiped his damp hair with a towel, he saw that she was looking at her phone again and thought that it was normal. 

"What are you looking at?" His eyes examined her. "I'm very happy to see you laughing." 

Yi Ran looked up and saw Gu Tingchuan wearing only a pair of trousers, leaving his upper body uncovered. His strong muscles made her heartbeat sped up. This figure was really like a mountain with flowing water, making people salivate. 

She guiltily closed Weibo and said, "Nothing. Just that some network segments are very funny."

Gu Tingchuan suddenly faintly smiled. "In fact, sometimes they are very convenient. Like a Weibo account. Maybe I should get one."

“That’s good!" Yi Ran sat up and, after thinking the matters through, said, “No good! Not a good idea. A lot of women would make public confessions to you.”

Gu Tingchuan’s left hand rose up to cover his widening smile. Yi Ran saw this little action and had to shift her gaze away. 

Outside, the night was deep and the moonlight was silent, the bright illumination reflected in his dark eyes. He just barely walked over to the bed and sat down when he saw her quickly turning her mobile phone face down. 

Gu Tingchuan thought it was funny but did not expose her timid little trick. 

"How is your family recently? Are your parents still okay?" Gu Tingchuan asked naturally.

Yi Ran’s nervous body relaxed a little as she responded to his question, "En, they are very good....I also thought about what you said last time...that...it would be good to eat together with everyone to improve their feelings." 

She was worried that it would be too abrupt, but the man’s bright face showed a faint smile. "I will arrange it as soon as possible, you can rest assured." 

Some words came to her lips, but she thought about it and still didn't know how to tell him. 

If she said to Gu Tingchuan, "You are too busy to come home," what was the practical significance of this? He was originally a workaholic. Should she understand and be considerate?