10

LTPC Chapter 10: Adapting

Hearing him say this, although Yi Ran did not object, she couldn’t help but feel some shyness in the bottom of her heart. After all, it was one thing to agree to marry, but it was altogether different having to lie on a bed with a man she was not wholly familiar with.

Yi Ran was fully aware that Gu Tingchuan often called for this kind of thing on set, and so it was probably nothing to him. But his aura was too strong, such that, after he finished this sentence, her heart jumped like crazy. Feeling embarrassed, she did not know how to answer him.  

He noticed her anxiety and even if he lacked “real combat experience” he could guess what she was thinking. Although he had not been willing to appease those actors and actresses under him, at least he knew how to comfort others.

Gu Tingchuan turned back and asked: "Do you have difficulties sleeping in a bed other than your own?"

Yi Ran shook her head. She thought that he would be a gentleman and say that they would sleep in separate beds tonight but she was wrong. Fortunately Gu Tingchuan’s red wine and music, along with other various details of taking care of her, still give her some peace of mind.

She was considering how to discreetly put forth this proposal but Gu Tingchuan seemed to be one step ahead of her. He filled up her glasses again and asked, “So what is going on with Gu Tai?”   

Yi Ran held the crystal glass up to her lips. “Ah? I didn't say anything about what happened to him…?”  

She suspected that Gu Tai was being bullied but dared not say anything to the teacher. However, since she couldn't be 100% certain, she had decided not to tell him beforehand. 

Gu Tingchuan furrowed his eyebrows and said helplessly, "He is still young but is mature for his age, and he is naturally more complicated than his peers. The more the parents are less reliable, the more mature the child will be."

Then he took a change of clothes from the closet. Looking back at her, he said, "I’ll go to the bathroom outside and take a shower there.”

This reminder Yi Ran she had not removed her clothes from the box. Putting on her slippers, she went downstairs and took out some newly bought undergarments and a nightdress.   

As the night passed, her heart became more and more tense. After coming out of the shower, she did not see Fu Tingchuan’s figure and guessed that he was in his studio. 

Feeling wide awake, she slipped under the quilt and sent a message to Zhang Rongrong, then brushed Weibo.   

Zhang Rongrong: What is the idea of ​​the wedding night? Look at the value of this director, this figure, this talent. Don’t you want to attack in minutes?

Yi Ran: I just spoke with my mother earlier, and it scared my heart to death. Save me!"

Zhang Rongrong: I wish you success in pushing down the male god. You must know that the industry is saying that he is sexually cold?

Yi Ran: Cold in manner but not completely indifferent. Anyway, I am getting ready to wrap the quilt around me like tube and hide under it. I’m not coming out. Good bye!