41

LTPC Chapter 41: Warm Life

When you thought you were going to get something, but you ended up losing it, this would result in the most pain. Just as she had thought that she was so close to him, only to be rejected thousands of miles away. 

Yi Ran knew that the damage she suffered was nothing compared to the damage he had suffered. 

But if, at this time, they couldn’t even frankly face this setback together, it would be nearly impossible to cross this gap in the future. 

Yi Ran stared silently at the man in front of her. She felt helpless but had to make some changes for him to see. 

"Gu Tingchuan, you once told me that you don’t know how to manage relationships, so you will choose to avoid it. But we also said later that we should cherish this marriage with each other." 

A sense of awareness slowly trickled through Gu Tingchuan‘s heart. His fingers on the coffee cup trembled as he lowered the cup and looked at her heavily. 

"This time you’ve encountered these things, but I don't know how to comfort you. In fact ... I probably said everything I could say, but it didn't seem to help you." 

She smiled mockingly at herself and rested both hands on the table. But, her tone was quite calm. "You’ve been hiding in the studio for more than a few days...It seemed that you don't need my company. You’re just fine." 

Gu Tingchuan frowned slightly. It was just that he was too accustomed to dealing with matters by himself. He tended to keep all his emotions in his heart and did not want to tell others. He had never tried to emotionally rely on the people in front of him. 

Yi Ran stood there quietly, as quietly as snow melting, gentle and clear, which made Gu Tingchuan's heart tremble. 

"I never really felt that you have difficulty connecting with me. Even if we come from different classes, you can at least understand me...It’s just that things have changed and this seemed like something that’s hard for us to handle." 

Because he had a proud, reserved, and strong personality.

She thought that they had already reached the stage where they were just like any pair of husband and wife with a tacit understanding of each other. But, it turned out that she was just too happy and had lost her sense of reality. 

“I also wanted for us to be able to go out together and relax. Hopefully, your inspiration will come back. But, you didn’t seem to want to, and in the end, no one can really force you. Sorry. I thought that I might be able to help you.”

She ought to be able to rise up with great enthusiasm and persistently help him. But, when she took a step back, she realized how mentally and physically exhausted she was. Yi Ran really felt that a bit of change was needed in order to make him realize that the dilemma between them was something that they needed to resolve together. 

"Gu Tingchuan, I plan to move home and stay for a few days." 

Gu Tingchuan’s expression froze and he lifted his head to look at her. "What did you say…?" 

“You need to think calmly about many things, so I’ll give you some time. I believe you can come to a decision,” Yi Ran said, sounding calm. In fact, the more violently he reacted, the better it would be for her.