50

LTPC Chapter 50: In their Own World

Yi Ran sat on the sofa and happily brushed Weibo, occasionally interacting with cute netizens.

"Mrs.!! Is Director Gu also cold and aloof in private? Does he ever use his poison tongue on you?"

"Mrs, you’re so brave to risk ‘domestic violence,’ ah."

"Director Gu often works very hard. Let him pay attention to his health.” 

"You seem very happy. Ah, I really envy you. I also want to know what sleeping on the same bed with Director Gu feels like!!"

She wanted to go back and add a dreaming expression but, for the sake of maintaining her image, decided to resist. 

Meanwhile, Gu Tingchuan was standing next to the bed. His head was tilted slightly as he talked to Lu Shan and received updates on what’s happening with the crew and about the shooting progress. 

In fact, although he said that he gave the directorial work to Su Congwen, what Mr. Su, who grew up in luxury with very little responsibilities, could do was limited. It won’t be long before he was scared by the various battles and disappeared like smoke. 

Lu Shan and the rest of the directors were already very familiar with Director Gu's directorial strategies. The entire team was also his usual team. Although he was not there, the progress should not be delayed too much. 

However, Yi Ran was still curious so, after he hung up, she could not help but look up and ask, “Director Gu, now that you’ve left the studio in the hands of that person, are you not afraid that there might be some trouble?”

“There’s still Lu Shan so nothing can happen. Besides, this person needs to know the weight and responsibilities that come with being a director; otherwise, he would not be deterred.” Gu Tingchuan came over and her whole person was covered by his shadow. “Of course, there was another reason. Before returning to the hotel, I asked the driver to take me to a nearby river to take a walk around for inspiration.”

There was a hint of uncertainty in Yi Ran’s eyes. She remembered that she had proposed to him to not always close his heart. If he could go out to relax, perhaps he could see with a different perspective. 

Gu Tingchuan leaned down and told her, “Tomorrow morning, you can accompany me to the crew. After the work is over, I’ll take you to for a look?”

His every word knocked down the uncertainty in her heart. 

She nodded and picked up the large original English book on the sofa. She asked in amazement, "Is this the book you’re reading in your spare time?”

Yi Ran glanced at the cover a little and saw that the book was a biography of a painter.

Gu Tingchuan patiently explained, “It’s the biography of Egon, who lead the Viennese separatist movement and who was known for depicting messy limbs and expressing chaotic emotions."

She casually flipped through the book, which displayed many sketches of naked men and women. The lines were messy and most bodies were thin and slender. She couldn’t help laughing and said, “Director Gu’s interest is really wide. This is not the typical public aesthetic.”