12

LTPC Chapter 12: The Wife Scolds

Yi Ran once said that she liked to see young people filled with hopes, but the light in Gu Tai’s eyes had a stinging pessimism.

She was about to say something but Gu Tai stood up from the chair and followed Teacher Yao out of the classroom. 

As she silently looked at his retreating back, she felt that something was wrong, but she could not quite pinpoint what it was. She stepped into the hall and watched as Yao Juan lowered himself to talk with them in the shade of the playground. 

At this time, one of Gu Tai’s female friends walked out of the classroom and stopped in front of Yi Ran. She whispered, “Teacher Yi, Hao Ziyue threw Gu Tai’s pencil case on the ground. He also broke Gu Tai’s umbrella before.”

The girl continued, her voice starting to sound uneasy, “Hao Ziyue also broke his watercolor pen. He often throws his fist at other students, and we’re afraid of him because he is very fierce and will beat people…”

Yi Ran immediately comforted the girl softly, "Teacher knows. You did very well and is very brave." 

At this moment, Hao Ziyue waved his fist as was typical, and his face turned bright red. Gu Tai, who stood on the sidelines, was silent and indifferent, just like his uncle.

After Yao Juan understood the matter, he gave them a warning and then sent them back to the classroom. He turned and looked back. Upon seeing Yi Ran, he smiled and said, “Gu Tai said Hao Ziyue always likes to go against him. Just now, he deliberately mentioned that Gu Tai’s parents are divorcing, saying that Gu Tai is a bad boy who no one wants. Gu Tai said back that Hao Ziyue’s father have more than one woman outside. Then, Hao Ziyue took action.” 

In her heart, Yi Ran also understood that children are impressionable, and the viciousness of TV dramas, combined with their parents’ attitudes, do not necessarily provide good examples. 

“I asked Hao Ziyue, and he admitted that he quarreled with Gu Tai. However, he said that Gu Tai framed him and, when he tried to confront Gu Tai about it, Gu Tai started talking nonsense in class.”

Yi Ran heard his words and didn’t know what the so-called nonsense was. However, it was common knowledge that Hao Ziyue had a temper. She thought for a moment and said, “It seems that I will have to observe the class to understand what the specific situation is. Last time, Hao Ziyue obviously dirtied my clothes but still refused to admit it to his mother, which led me to doubt his current words. As for Gu Tai, his parents' marriage are currently at a crisis, which could lead to some psychological fluctuations.”

Yao Juan nodded. Then, his eyebrows wrinkled slightly."Did you go that day…the blind date?" 

Yi Ran recalled what happened, which was a stark contrast to the current reality of now being in a "flash marriage.” She spread her hands helplessly. “There’s nothing to say, really. I’m not going on blind dates anymore. Teacher Yao, are you going to ask both their parents to come this time?" 

"Yes, but I still have to find them first. Hao Ziyue has been acting out for more than a year now. According to some accounts, " he said, but he still had further concerns. "I heard that his parents are really arrogant. In the past, he pushed a male student to the ground and broke his arm. Later, the male student suddenly left the school. So, you don’t need to intervene in this matter. I will take care of it." 

Yi Ran listened to Yao Juan’s words and felt surprised. Although, as the lead teacher, this matter was Yao Juan’s responsibility. However, as she digested his words, she felt that there was something strange about it.