69

LTPC Chapter 69: A Little Luck

The night movie wasn’t too bad. The movie they ended up watching was an unsuccessful foreign hero blockbuster. This kind of film could only achieve the best effect when viewed in a movie theater. 

Before entering, Gu Tingchuan also deliberately bought her popcorn. However, even the aroma of food, combined with the extreme effects of the movie, couldn’t detract her from her distraction. 

Yi Ran was thinking about what to say to Gu Tingchuan, whether to let him make this documentary, to allow him to satisfy his sense of creation or to be loyal to her heart and let him stay…

She couldn’t give a positive answer now. 

It was cold outside at night, but fortunately, the theater was fully heated, and she was sitting next to Director Gu. At this moment, she felt like a sluggy mess.

Even in the dim room, Gu Tingchuan felt her distraction. "You don't seem to be thinking about watching the movie."

His voice was so close to her ear that she could feel the warmth of his breath against her skin. Before Yi Ran even had the chance to speaking, she was already being kissed. 

The kiss in the dark was more secretive and urgent than usual. The tip of his nose rubbed against her face as his lips brushed over hers. The light, lingering touch was sexy and charming, creating an irresistible confusion. 

His tongue dipped into her mouth, tasting like sweet corn and sweeping from top to bottom. As she was breathlessly kissed, her fingers subconsciously tightened on her popcorn, nearly tipping the bucket over. 

Even as his mouth moved over her lips, his hands began to feel restless. He stroked over her upper body, and the gentle touch made her chest feel swollen and numb.

It was clearly a cold and chilly night, but in this dark cinema, it was full of tenderness. Yi Ran was also beginning to feel hot. She wanted to say that this was a public place. How could Gu Tingchuan, a famous director, be so brave!

Yi Ran glanced at him in the dark screening room and realized that the man had deliberately disturbed her. Seeing her shameful red face through the flashing white lights on the screen, he finally retracted his hand with satisfaction.

Later, he looked sternly forward as he began to pay attention to the movie. His side profile resumed his usual indifference, and he did not look at all like someone who had just kissed her breathless in a dark, public place. 

After they watched the movie, Mr. Gu drove home directly. Although it was already early in the morning, Yi Ran still did not feel tired. She was silent along the way, her head in a mess. But, she couldn't think of anything.

After Gu Tingchuan entered the room, he took off his coat and said to her, "Don't think about it too much. I’ve already decided."

"It's easy to say. Shouldn't you think more about such a big thing?"

Yi Ran changed into her newly bought cotton slippers, which quickly warmed her feet. When she looked up and saw the man’s tall and handsome back, she also remembered the kiss that seemed to remain between her lips and tongue. If they were really separated for so long, the probability that she would spend her days pining after him would be very high.

Gu Tingchuan was standing at the entrance, his silhouette backlit by the lights in the living room. His well-defined face had a loving look.

"Then tell me, if I went, would you miss me?"

Would you miss me?