14

LTPC Chapter 14: Believe in You

Gu Tingchuan noticed her gaze, and his eyes flashed.

The young couple waited for the parents’ speeches. Sheng Ru shifted slightly in her seat and her face was composed as she looked at them. “Yi Ran, you are an intelligent and reasonable little girl who is a school teacher. We certainly believe that you will conduct yourself appropriately. But, our family’s background is special. You should also understand this. We recognize that you both are a happy little couple but, if by chance..." 

Sheng Ru also saw the lessons of the past, particularly the issues stemming from the eldest son’s Gu Tingyong’s own marriage. 

"Actually, this practice is also very popular among young people. By signing a prenuptial agreement, everything will be solved." 

Yi Ran heard this and finally understood. Personally, she also had no arguments against this practice.

However, she had never coveted Gu Tingchuan's properties. It was not because she was looking at money like it was dirt. Rather, in her case, just being able to marry Gu Tingchuan was already the best thing.

She was too lazy to spend brain cells to calculate the property of others. Not to mention the usual cost of providing for the family, she was even able to have three meals a day from a chef.

Regarding other expenses...she really had not talked about it with Gu Tingchuan. 

Hearing his mother’s words, Gu Tingchuan deeply frowned. When he placed his teacup on the table, it made a crisp sound that echoed loudly in the suddenly quiet space. This caused Gu Linfeng to look over at him.

"Mother and father, there’s no need." 

Gu Linfeng's brows furrowed slightly and his eyes narrowed as he said, "Don’t always be so willful. Now that the company is being handed over to you, you should mature a little bit. Your young couple’s feelings are now good, but you have to take others into consideration.”

"I never think that our marriage relationship can be 100% harmonious." Gu Tingchuan had always been blunt, and he was very clear about his relationship with Yi Ran. "But I believe that no matter what happens, I can find a negotiation method. Moreover, I will not be like big brother and do such an embarrassing thing.”

Then, he raised his eyebrows and laughed at himself. "If I disappoint her and fail to be faithful, I should pay for it.”

Gu Tingchuan did not look at Yi Ran as he said this, but his eyes had a bright, smiling expression. "If it is Yi Ran who wants to leave me, then I also believe in her ability to leave smoothly, without any hard feelings.” 

His words were unmistakable, making Sheng Ru feel that the topic may be difficult to carry out. 

Father Gu was dissatisfied with his son's resistance. "You can speak according to your temper, but do you have to ability to carry it out?, 

Sure enough, Gu Tingchuan said that he did not want to continue this topic, waved his hand dismissively and then opened his mouth to add, "Why can’t you believe in my choice?" 

Yi Ran was surprised by him, and warmth flooded her chest. She didn’t think that Gu Tingchuan’s trust for her would be so deep. Perhaps, he was always this insightful when it came to people. Nevertheless, she felt that there must also be other reasons. Thinking this, she turned her head to look at him, feeling as if her heart was scalding.