5

LTPC Chapter 5: Marry Me

By the end of the month, summer vacation officially began. There was no chance to see the cute Gu Tai all day long, and it was even more impossible to see the cool Uncle Gu.

On the one hand, many of her friends were unexpectedly getting married and, on the other hand, her cousin’s wedding finally arrived. The wedding was held at the famous He Mansion. The He Mansion had a detached Western-style house with ample lawn for wedding ceremonies and a nearby luxury hotel with a banquet room.

Although it was the bride’s second marriage, this time she found a good man from a respectable family. The appearance was also good and, thus, the family was extremely happy. 

When she opened the door to the dressing room, she heard her cousin say, “Where’s my invisible bra? Can you all help me find it? I need it for the banquet dress.” 

The bride and Yi Ran had a deep friendship so, when she arrived, the bride paid attention and suddenly asked, “Xiao Ran, this morning, didn’t I give you my bra?”

Yi Ran was slightly dumbfounded that the cousin seemed to be blaming her and said, “I saw you hand it to the wedding assistant.” Then, seeing the bride’s helpless look, she mentally sighed and forced herself to say, “I will ask. It may be placed in the place where the ceremony was held." 

“Then can you go soon? It’s almost time for the banquet; otherwise, it’ll be too late!”

Being yelled at by the other person made Yi Ran’s mood turn sour, but it wouldn’t do to argue back back at this moment. As a result, she had no choice but to nod and turn back. 

From the hotel where they will have the banquet to the small house normally took about ten minutes when walking. Of course, it will be quicker if she ran. Despite wearing a blue dress with a shoulder-less top, she ran all the way without caring about her image. By the time she got there, she was sweating and panting. But, she was able to find the bride’s underwear and should be able to bring it back in time.

However, the more anxious she was, the more flustered she became. She was about to step on the first staircase outside the hotel when she accidentally ended up spraining her ankle instead. In the moment when her body fell forward, her bag flew out and landed some distance from her. Her whole body was in pain, making her unable to speak for a moment. All of sudden, her right foot felt as if it was being stabbed by needles. 

She fell awkwardly and while she lay stunned on the floor, she naturally caught the attention of passersby.

Sometimes, it really was impossible to know the machinations of fate. 

If you have never met him, even if you both were looking at the same scenery, feeling the same rain and wind, going through the everyday motions of life, you will not be able to see him.

But, when you really have met him, the city you lived in became very small, such that you could hear his voice everywhere, and you could see his shadows.

Yi Ran was a little disoriented when she fell, and her mind was a little messy. She waited for a few seconds but, before she could move, she saw a pair of gleaming shoes. She looked up at the owner of the shoes, and her eyes widened. 

The other person was obviously as surprised as she was, but immediately gave her a smile as usual. 

“...Gu, Director Gu?! What a surprise to also see you here!”

“Mmm, I’m here for a wedding,” Gu Tingchuan said as he helped her up. Meanwhile, assistant Xiao Zhao took up the bag. 

This morning, he had joined the male god He Yang’s wedding in Bali and had just flew back. Without rest, he then had to rush to the wedding of his eldest friend.