73 Extra 2

LTPC Chapter 73 Extra II: Love is a Long Road

Director Gu’s last film Farewell to Moonlightblossomed overseas, and Anthology of Life was also highly sought after once it was released. 

Yi Ran accompanied Mr. Gu for the first time on the red carpet of an international overseas film festival. She couldn’t help remembering the time when she saw Gu Tingchuan and Guo Baiyu walking down the red carpet. She had only thought to go and look at him but didn’t expect him to also look back at her, which had completely startled her. 

That being said, their first encounter was even more unusual. 

“It’s strange to realize that one day I would be walking down a red carpet with you.” Yi Ran tucked her wind blown hair behind each ear before continuing to say, “I’m a little nervous, ah.” 

She was dressed in a sky blue short dress decorated with exquisite Su embroidery. The motif of the pattern was apricot flowers, which was full of Chinese elements. It was beautiful and bright and white as snow. 

As the spotlight slowly dropped down, highlighting the elegant and calm man next to her, the man in question held her hand and whispered, “If you’re nervous, pretend they don’t exist and just look at me.”

Gu Tingchuan spoke with a natural expression. Even the intonation was steady. But, there was an inadvertent protection in every words. 

Yi Ran took a deep breath and looked at the bright lights in the distance. 

Under this shadow, she took Gu Tingchuan's hand and walked towards the media and fans step by step. 

The location of the film festival was not far from the seaside. Yi Ran didn’t know whether it was psychological or not, but she could smell the water vapor in the air, which made her feel relaxed. 

They attended the after dinner party and then went for a walk in the garden near the hotel. 

She saw the lights and shadows of the swimming pool near and far, and the environment surrounded by flowers and grass. Then, she remembered something, and still looking forward, said, "My parents went to see Yi Jinting’s house in Australia and showed me photos. It’s a villa with a view of the lake and came fully equipped."

“Yes, you mentioned it last time.” Gu Tingchuan held her hand and slowly added, “So I bought you a manor in France.”

Yi Ran: "… ?!"

The longer they were married, the more she felt that Director Gu’s money sometimes flow like water. She had no idea how liberal with money this man could be!

Of course, Gu Tingchuan tried to give her a detailed explanation, but the more Yi Ran listened, the more she felt dizzy, to the point where she didn’t want to listen at all. 

“What are you doing?” She covered her small mouth, looking up at him in surprised. “Why did you buy a manor for me, and in France?!”

Feeling that the night breeze was a little cold, Gu Tingchuan wrapped the shawl in his hands snugly around her shoulders. “From your tone earlier, didn’t you want a house?”

She was only gossiping about it as an outside observer, nothing more!!!

Yi Ran frowned seriously. “You don’t need to do this. Even if I want to vacation in France, wouldn't it be better to just rent something?”