48

LTPC Chapter 48: Big Devil

The sky was overcast and the large glass window in front of a catering company was covered with a layer of raindrops. Gu Tingchuan, who had just finished his business at the cafe, saw that there was something wrong with Gu Tai and that Yi Ran looked uncomfortable.

As he handed the paper towel in his hand to Yi Ran, there was a faint question in his eyes. “Your shoes are wet."

Yi Ran sat down silently to wipe her shoes and cautiously glanced at Gu Tai's complexion, fearing that he would suddenly "blackened.” She turned back to look meaningfully at Director Gu and said as implicitly as possible, “Just now...we saw big brother.”

Gu Tingchuan listened to her narrative, and then, while holding his coffee cup, looked at Gu Tai. “You knew this before, and because of this, your parents almost divorced."

Gu Tai, wearing a small vest and white shirt, had a dull complexion. His tough and silent appearance was really similar to a certain Director Gu.

“I don't want to excuse your father. He did make a serious mistake.” As he spoke, the man’s eyes were equally heavy and somber. “Not everyone will make such a principled mistake as him. There are no reasons to get your understanding for what he had done. "

Yi Ran was a little surprised by his remarks and subconsciously looked at the other party. She didn't know what else he would say. Gu Tingchuan took a sip of coffee, put the cup back, and analyzed calmly. “But the reality is that he had made a mistake. Now, for this family, your dad is also trying to recover from this mistake, and your mother has decided to accept it. What is your opinion?" 

Gu Tai, holding the menu on the table, dejectedly said, “I don't know. My dad talked to me a lot last time. I was very angry with him, but I also want to ...let them get back together.” 

Gu Tingchuan smiled lightly and ruffled his fluffy soft black hair. “Give them a little more time.”

Gu Tai thought for a few seconds and suddenly looked up at them, pouting. "I understand the truth. I’m going to the bathroom." After speaking, he got up and ran off.

Looking at the back of the young boy’s gradually disappearing back, Yi Ran took the glass on the table in front of Gu Tingchuan, took a sip of water to moistened her throat, and then sighed. “It was actually very awkward for the child to see this scene.”

Thinking of Gu Tingyong constantly disappointing his children and family like this, she said in a neutral tone, “The young master of a wealthy family has a lot of prestige. When women catch sight of you all, they’re stunned motionless. " 

Gu Tingchuan gently rubbed her arm. “What are you talking about?”

Yi Ran tightly held his hand, licked her lips, and whispered, “Director Gu, you won't let our children...run into this type of mess in the future, right? ”

Gu Tingchuan leaned over and lightly pinched her chin. He kissed her lips gently and slowly. When he pulled back, his eyes glowed hotly. He said, "...our children?" 

“Someday...not right now.” Yi Ran looked around. Fortunately no one paid attention to their kissing.

Gu Tingchuan saw that her words were somewhat evasive, as if she was reluctant to discuss the topic in depth, much less at this time and in this environment. Since it wasn’t the right time to discuss this right now, he didn’t say much. He lightly tapped her nose once. "Let's order afternoon tea.”