26

LTPC Chapter 26: A Husband's Embrace

In order to write screenplays and also as a means of entertainment, Gu Tingchuan had tried many things that others would not touch in their lives, such as long distance sea-travel and driving off-road vehicles across the desert. However, never had he tried a balloon stepping games, much less at an elementary school. 

Yi Ran stood by his side and asked the staff to tie their two foot together with a rope. Gu Tingchuan suddenly covered her hand with his own warm one and leaned in to whisper in her ear, “Be careful, don’t fall.”

Gu Tai, who was standing to the side, rolled his eyes. Was this public display of affection really okay? Very annoying.

Director Gu straightened his body and took off his coat, exposing a thin t-shirt and casual pants, which made him look surprisingly lively. This, combined with his pale skin, made him looked as if he was only in his twenties. At this moment, he unexpected looked like an actor in an idol drama but with the calm aura of a director. 

There were some teachers and parents nearby who would stop to cast a curious look at him, and those who recognized him were even more reluctant to leave. 

Yi Ran couldn’t help but be in high spirits, especially after seeing Gu Tingchuan with his face turned toward her, an earnest look in his eyes. She once more thoroughly warned, “Be careful of your feet. I might step on it.” 

He felt her body moving against his side. Because of their uncoordinated movements, he released her hand and immediately wrapped his arm around the back of her waist. Yi Ran instantly received an electric shock and her body shook slightly, even as the undercurrents between them became even more intense. 

From the very beginning, he held her tightly without any signs of wanting to release her. 

As Yi Ran was fully enjoying her work and secretly cultivating good feelings with her husband, Guan Yilu hurriedly ran over from the other side of the crowd. She saw Yi Ran at a glance, and because she was in a hurry, she didn’t think too much. She said, “Not good, Yi Ran. Something happened! 

Yi Ran missed a beat and asked her, “What happened?”

Guan Yilu was already sweating anxiously, but when she saw that Gu Tingchuan and Yi Ran were tied together, she froze and quickly rationalized her thoughts before saying, “Hao Ziyue pushed Jia Jia. She hit her head, and now a lot of blood are coming out…”

For a moment, Yi Ran’s eyes saw black. After enduring the two-second dizziness, she silently lowered her upper body and began to scramble to undo the knots at their feet. Because she was so flustered and distressed, she only wanted to quickly dismantle the knot and go see how the girl was doing.

Gu Tingchuan frowned and, blocking her hand, said in a serious and gentle voice, “Don’t move. Let me solve it.”

As she waited for him, she looked anxiously at Teacher Guan. “What happened?”

Even though Hao Ziyue loved trouble, he had never done such an excessive act to a girl before.

Guan Yilu glanced at Gu Tai and then at Director Gu, who was behaving so intimately with Yi Ran earlier. She was still shocked and currently didn’t have much time to process it. She went to Yi Ran and whispered in her ear, “I heard that it was for Gu Tai. Jia Jia fought with Hao Ziyue over Gu Tai’s sportswear, and now she is being sent to the hospital.”