53

LTPC Chapter 53: Taking Care of Oneself

In the evening, an orange glow spilled through the window onto the white sheets. 

Yi Ran studied Gu Tingchuan, saw his forehead abrasions and white bandages, but realized that his appearance was not too bad. It might be because the light in his room was soft, but his whole person seemed to encased in a faint and clear mist, as if she was looking through the beautiful lens of a movie camera. 

She walked over without saying a word. Gu Tingchuan held her hand tightly and said very gently, “Did you worry?”

Her slightly red eyes narrowed and her features were painted with traces of sadness. Her tone was anxious as she said, “Don’t move around so much. How can I not worry?”

Yi Ran’s shoulders were still trembling. At that time, when she heard that something happened to him, she was so scared. Even now, there was still a lingering fear, causing her to fear she might not be able to let him go. 

Her arms looped around him, and though she wanted to hug him tightly, she was afraid she might hurt him. In the end, she only used a slight force to hug him. 

When Gu Tingchuan saw his wife’s discomfort, he felt distressed in turn. He held her in his arms and patted her back, his action elegant and thoughtful. 

“I was really scared to death by you. Could you please take better care of yourself in the future?”

She really wanted to beat this person up, but she also couldn’t bear to see him hurt anywhere. In the end, she could only frown and stare at Gu Tingchuan. Even at this time, he was smiling in an elegant and noble way, which was currently really annoying.

“It’s okay. Almost all of the examination reports had already came out.” He coughed a few times, felt his chest hurt a little, and frowned faintly. He slightly adjusted his sitting position to prevent her from seeing it. 

Because she was sitting on the bed next to Gu Tingchuan, Yi Ran could observe his face closely. She asked earnestly, “Then tell me honestly, how many injuries are there? Is the chest injury the most serious?”

“Yes, but fortunately, there are no broken ribs or legs. Nothing that a good rest could not heal.” Gu Tingchuan thought deeply before he added, “The dislocated shoulder was sprained, and the left ankle somewhat swollen. It probably just knocked against something.”

Although he spoke very lightly and easily, Yi Ran was still not reassured. She continued to ask him, “What about the back? And the legs? Didn’t you say there were still injuries?”

Gu Tingchuan raised his hands and ran them through her long hair. He comforted her, saying, “It’s not a traumatic injury. Wouldn’t I still be in pain, otherwise?”

Yi Ran traced one soft fingertip across the man’s strong eyebrows. She paused and didn’t know what else to say. She could only blame herself, “I’m sorry. I would have taken better care of you if I were by your side.”

He grasped her fingertips, his face gentle. “It’s my fault. I didn’t take good care of my body. I promised you, but I seemed to have forgotten.”

After hearing Gu Tingchuan say this, Yi Ran was caught between smiling and frowning. In the end, she shrugged her shoulders and looked at him helplessly. She always felt that this kind of belated hindsights was not useful. 

“This time, we got lucky. You have to be more careful about accidents on the set in the future.”

Gu Tingchuan was still so calm. Even after accidentally falling from a rooftop, his face was still bland and he talked to her intently. “I’m in excellent physical condition so, naturally, I won’t be seriously injured.”