31

LTPC Chapter 31: Not a Lover

Yi Ran slowly woke up. The room was dark, and she could hear a little rustling movement behind her. She asked hoarsely, “What time is it?”

“It’s still early. Go back to sleep for a while.”

The calm voice from behind her seemed to have been awake for a while. 

Yi Ran hugged the bed cover against her chest. Why was it that everything was so different from what she had initially imagined? Director Gu actually also understood how to be attentive, which was very good. Before she fell asleep, they had been lying in each other’s embrace and chatting and thinking about things. This was also very good, but it still made her feel a little bashful. 

But, that Director Gu was just too loathsome, right?!

Feeling lazy, she kept her eyes closed, remembering the indescribably fierce entanglement between them last night. It seemed that the scale were becoming larger and larger. 

In addition, Gu Tingchuan had said that he didn’t read The Overbearing President’s Pampered Wife, but that was a lie! She felt that the man had read it all and even studied the obscene details with great attention. He deliberately set her up to perfect those movements. Just forget it, she won’t say anything. 

Remembering this, Yi Ran got s little hot so she got out of bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. When she came out, she saw that Gu Tingchuan was tidying up his personal clothes. His expression was relaxed but it was hard to understand what he was thinking. 

She thought for a moment and asked, “This reception party that we’re going tonight, what do I need to pay attention to?”

He looked at her bare face without any makeup on and then at her delicate and fair feet on the carpet. After watching her like this for a few moments, he said bluntly, "I don't really like socializing. You also don’t have to worry too much about socializing with other people. Just remember to fully charge your mobile phone."

After talking, the corner of his mouth slightly raised. 

In Yi Ran’s heart, there was a burst of bewilderment intermixed with a faint layer of joy. She didn’t know if the look in his eyes meant he was being understanding or whether he was teasing her. Her face instantly flushed red. “Then what clothes should I wear? Can you help me pick something out?”

Gu Tingchuan glanced down at his watch. "I already told Xiao Zhao to prepare clothes for your. Rest assured, just an ordinary dress will do." 

His words meant that he had taken her into account. She felt that he was being more and more considerate of her, and nodded her head in response. 

The host was the newlywed whose wedding Gu Tingchuan had flown back to attend. Their family had some close business dealing with the He Mansion. As a result, the private reception was also held at the hotel that was part of the He Mansion complex. 

The vestibule had a western-style garden, which looked elegant and serene against the backdrop of lights. The statue of a European goddess stood in the center of the fountain, holding a water jug in each hand. The clear water poured down into the pond, making a clear, crisp sound like a silver bell. The surrounding bushes and rosewoods were neatly lined, adding to the charming atmosphere. 

Returning to this familiar place, Yi Ran remembered with mixed emotions the ridiculous beginning between them at that time.