Chapter 8

Luke's POV

After I said bye to Kaidyn when we walked to my house from school, I went inside and told my mom to go to her house at around 6. I went to my room to get ready. I decided instead of looking like the geek I've been dressing as, I would dress to impress. Not to impress Kaidyn, but her family, of course, because it's not like I have feelings for her...

I slipped on a pair of tight black skinny jeans, a white shirt, and a flannel to go over it. I went to the bathroom and spent a good thirty minutes trying to quiff my hair.

"God dammit! Stay you up little shit!" I yelled at hy hair. After another fifteen miutes, I finally got my quiff to be perfect. I went back to my mum to check if she was ready because it was 5:45.

"Mum, you ready yet?" I asked. "Yeah honey, let me just get the cookies out of the oven." She got the delicious smelling cookies and put them in a container. "Okay, let's get going." She said. I grabbed my black vans and exited my home.

We both walked till we finally reached Kaidyn's house and I rang the doorbell. The door slightly opened and I eyed Kaidyn up and down as she looked beautiful.

She was wearing a dark blue dress that made her grey eyes look more blue. She pinned back her bangs with the ends of her hair curled. I also noticed how pink and soft her lips looked- wait, I need to stop thinking these thoughts!

I noticed she was also staring at me until she awkwardly said, ""U-um hi. Come in I-I guess." She lead us to the table with the delicious looking food.

"Hello, you must be Lucas." I heard a voice come from behind me. I turned and saw a tall woman with blonde hair who must've been Kaidyn's mum. "It's just Luke, Mrs. Nelson." I politely corrected her. "Call me Cassidy. And Roselyn's father will be down soon."

"Roselyn?" I asked. I heard a cough and looked towards Kaidyn. "Cassidy, I go by Kaidyn." Cassidy looked down at her and sneered, "I don't care, your real name is Roselyn. Now stop complaining and act like a proper lady." Kaidyn looked down and replied quietly, "Yes ma'am."

Cassidy seemed like a bitch, no offense. I took my seat across from Kaidyn and soon enough, a tall man came to the table. "Hello, I am Roselyn's father, but you can call me Jack." He stuck out his hand for me to shake and I firmly shaked it.

Once we were all sitting down, we passed around food and ate. Kaidyn's parents asked me questions about myself and what I want to do. Of course I lied, but thankfully my mum didn't say anything about it. After we finished dessert, our parents made us go outside so they could talk.

We went to  her backyard and sat on the swing. "So, you look different." Kaidyn said. "Yeah, I do dress to impress." I joked and we both softly laughed. "Care to explain why your parents call you Roselyn?" I asked full of curiosity. "Well, Cassidy doesn't like the name Kaidyn, so she calls me by my first name because it's more "lady-like." My real mum gave me the middle name Kaidyn, and I've always liked it better than Roselyn, so yeah."

For the rest of the night we talked and joked, both having a good time until I had to leave. We bid our farewells and my mum and I walked back to our house. I went up to my room and changed into more comftorable clothes and plopped onto my bed.

I thought about Kaidyn and her pink soft lips, her cute laugh, and how perfect we would look together. I finally realized myself, but I actually like this girl.

I, Luke Hemmings, like Kaidyn Nelson.

What have I gotten myself into?

A/N Oh my god!!!! Over 300 reads and 50 votes?! Thank you so much!!! I might be updating more frequently because some of you actually like this. So be expecting more updates.... hopefully. Sorry for the short crappy chapter..... Dun hate meh >.<  Also, only 3 more days till I'm seeing 5SOS!!!! I can't believe it!!! Anywhoozies, I kind of got lazy and didn't go too much in detail about the dinner..... so yeah, I hope you still liked it. 5 votes and a comment for the next chapter? It would mean the world c: byyyyyyyyeeeeee