Chapter 14

A/N okay yeah I know it's been a million years since I last updated.... oops... And just to warn you I am in my extreme fangirl mode.... heh. Also, I know it happened a couple days ago bUT CONNOR FRANTA CAME OUT AS GAY I CALLED IT I AM SO HAPPY THE WORLD NEEDS MORE GAY YOUTUBERS!!!!! Anywhoozies, enjoy the next crappy chapter.

Luke's POV
I've finally finished the song I've been writing and I decided to call it Beside You. Of course, I wrote it for Kaidyn and I'm hoping I can sing it to her as my apology.

It's been two days since I last saw her and I never can forgive myself. I have changed though, and I regret every thing I did in the past.

I texted Kaidyn asking her to meet up with me for an apology. I knew Calum talked to her because he told me and I think he convinced her to talk to me.

I got a text back and she agreed, thank god, and I told her I would be over at hers in about 15 minutes.

I slipped on tight black skinny jeans, a Green Day shirt along with a black jacket, my black Vans, and put my hair in my usual quiff. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but I looked sexy as fuck.

I grabbed my acoustic guitar in its case and walked out from my house to hers.

I do like the cold weather, but damn it was cold. I finally reached her house even though it was just a quick walk. I knocked on her door and a few seconds later she opened the door, looking as beautiful as ever, while staring at the floor.

"U-um come in, I don't want you getting sick." she quietly stuttered. She finally looked into my blue eyes and asked, "What's with the guitar?" I chuckled in response, "You'll see."

I walked in and set my guitar down. It was quiet for a few minutes until I spoke up. "I know I've told you this before, but I just want to say it again. I'm sorry for everything I did in the past and for lying to you. I didn't think we'd become such great friends and I didn't think I would fall- I mean I uh, didn't think we'd be best friends, um yeah, best friends." I mentally cursed for almost admitting my crush.

"Whatever, it already happened. The only reason you're here right now is because of Calum. You're lucky to have such a great friend." She mumbled.

"I know, and I'll be even luckier if you forgive me. And I know that it's a little too late, but" I sighed. "But this is everything I didn't say." (A/N ayyyyeeeee see what I did there c;) I finished and I grabbed my guitar.

She gave me a puzzling look and I sat down, strumming some chords and began to sing softly.

"Within a minute I was all packed up
I've got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go
I don't wanna go
The silent words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
Don't ever leave, she said to me."

I continued on, my voice becoming louder as I became more confident.

"When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky.
To the beat of our hearts at the same time.
So close but so far away.
Can you hear me?"

I began to sing the chorus, now tears starting to prick in the corners of my eyes.

"She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you."

I looked at Kaidyn and she had tears running down her face and I kept singing.

"Another day and I'm somewhere new.
I made a promise that I'll come home soon.
Bring me back, bring me back to you.

When we both wake up underneath the same sun.
Time stops, I wish that I could rewind.
So close but so far away.

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you."

My voice almost cracked my the tears in my eyes, but managed to get by.

"The pieces of us both
Under every city light
And they're shining as we fade into the night

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was...

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.
Beside you.
I wish I was, I wish I was...

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was..."

I finished off the lyrics and strummed the last chord on my guitar. I looked up to see her; the most beautiful girl I have ever met.

Her gray eyes had tears running down them, and even though she wasn't wearing any makeup and her hair wasn't put in any fancy manor, she was perfect to me.

"D-did you write that for me?" She asked in a whisper. "Yeah, you mean everything to me and those days I spent knowing you hated me were the worst." I replied with a blush creeping on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Luke. I'm so sorry for everything I did. It was stupid and I know you're sorry. I know you've changed and you've helped me through so much. Thank you." She said smiling brightly. It took all of my will power not to cup her cheeks and smash my lips against her soft ones.

"Are we good?" I asked, looking down. "Of course!" She exclaimed while jumping and wrapping her arms around me.

I hesitantly hugged her back, but then held her closer than I ever did before because I was afraid she would slip away again. (A/N oops, I've done it again c:)

She pulled back and I looked into her eyes, and without thinking, I pecked her cheek.

She looked at me with wide eyes and a blush started making it's way on her soft cheeks.

"U-uh what was t-that for?" She stuttered, with her face now a bright red.

I smirked as she was getting more flustered. "Just a friendly gesture." I responded. "I'm going to go now because I have things to do, but I'll see you around, yeah?" I told her while grabbing my guitar.

"O-okay." She said with her face still red.

Before I left, I teasingly pecked her cheek again and left before she could say a word.

I just wish that she knew this was more than just a friendly gesture. Looks like I'm stuck in the friendzone again.

A/N Heh, did you see my little references? If you did ily. Anywhoozies, yay they made up :D so yeah, maybe 9 votes and 3 comments for next chapter? It's okay if that doesn't happen. Lub youuuuuu <3 c: