Chapter 4: We're winning this time

Courtney's POV

Me and Aaron were waiting for the cadets to take their tip. The Ice Dancers attempted to cut in front of us but Don caught them.

After that sad excuse for a cop picked up their tip, Aaron grabbed our tip and we read over it together.

"Take the train to Calanque de Maubois on the Mediterranean coast and search the station for your next travel tip." Aaron read.

"Alright! Let's go!" I grabbed Aaron's arm and took off dashing.

Confessional

"I know this race just started, but I'm already in it to win it! This time, we're gonna beat those cops." I smirked.

"Yeah! We got this!" Aaron grinned.

Confessional ends

Me and Courtney took off. We got on the subway. After taking the subway, us along with the other five teams got on the train.

I was still working on a list. Yes, I'm still annoyed that I lost to those cops. Aaron was on his phone texting his mom. After that, he looked over at me and made a concerned look.

"Hey, are you Okay?" He asked.

"Me? Of course I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I said, slightly snappy.

"Yeah.... you seem off. It's the cadets, isn't it?" Aaron guessed.

"I mean, those idotic ice performers are bad enough. But MacArthur is just seriously annoying." I crossed my arms.

"Look. Maybe you just need some time to relax your mind. Take a deep breath."

I took a deep breath.

"Now calmly and slowly breath out."

I slowly and calmly released my breath.

"There. Better?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah. You're good."

"I know. Just stay calm. We're a great team who knows how to work together. Stick together, and we'll be fine." Aaron grinned and put an hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. You're right. Thanks."

"Anytime sweetheart. Now, how about you take a look at this."

Aaron drew my attention to other stuff to keep my mind distracted. Stuff that I might be interested like clothes. And stuff he's into, like Minecraft.

Aaron's great. He's smart, sweet, and knows how to calm me down. Even if he's always right which, yes can be annoying, I love him.

Aaron's POV

After calming Courtney down, we enjoyed the rest of the train ride. The train arrived and us, and the other five teams dashed off.

We all got our tips from the Don box.

"It's another botch or watch." Courtney said.

"Okay. I did the art back in Paris so I think it's your turn." I said.

Courtney started reading the tip.

"Who wants to swim with sharks?" Courtney read raising an eyebrow.

We continued to read over the tip. Basically the goal was to get your next travel tip from the sharks in the water.

"Y-you sure your Okay with this Courtney?" I asked.

"Yeah. Let's just say I have some experience with sharks." Courtney smirked.

She started swimming as fast as she could towards one of the sharks.

"Hey! You?!" She glared at the shark.

The shark glared and started coming towards her. I was kinda worried. She continued to approach it as it approached her.

She jumped on the shark's back and started punching it repeatedly until it fell unconscious....

Yeah.... guess that shark experience from TDA really payed off. She got the tip and quickly swam back.

"Nice work." I grinned.

"Yeah. Come on. We have a sand castle to build."

We started off carefully, building a nice tiny replica of the Palace of Versailles. With a bit of teamwork, focus, and concentration we managed to build a nice small replica. Courtney cleared her throat.

"Over here!" She waved.

The sand castle judge looked over it and gave us our next tip.

"Yes!" We both high fived.

We quickly read over the tip.

"Grab a speedboat and follow the GPS to the chill zone on the southern tip of Iceland." I quickly read.

We took off running. While we were running we passed by the cadets.

"So long suckers!" Courtney aimed at MacArthur and burst out laughing afterwards.

Confessional

"Yes! That felt so great." Courtney smirked.

"Okay. I guess someone's in a good mood."

"Yes. I just wanted to beat those cops for once."

Confessional ends

We were the first team to arrive at the speed boats. We hopped in a boat and Courtney took off driving.

"Wow. I feel like I didn't do anything this challenge." I stated.

"You helped with the castle. Besides, we're winning. Isn't it great?!"

"Yeah. It is."

We reached the dock and quickly dashed to the Carpet of Completion where we met Don.

"Courtney. Aaron. You're the first to arrive at this chill zone." Don told us.

"YES!" Courtney cheered.

"Woo! Go team us!" I grinned and we high fived.

Shortly after the Son and Father team arrived but got a penalty. After them the Ice Dancers arrived.

"Jacques, Josee you've come in second." Don told them.

Courtney smirked victoriously as the Ice Dancers glared.

Confessional

"See what I meant by, 'We'll see who comes out on top?'. Now look who's on top?!" Courtney said.

"Well. Nice to see your happy." I chuckled.

An:

Nov 27th, 2019

and I guess that wraps it up. Sorry this is short. Some chapters might be shorter than others.

Anyways, I'm so sorry this is taking so long. See, if I didn't suck at Geometry and Chemistry I would have more time to write.

Anyways, thanks for reading and dont forget to vote.