Chapter 5: Iceland

Aaron's POV

After winning yesterday's challenge, we got the opportunity to get our tip before anyone else.

"The first team to depart will be the Complex Strategist. Go!" Don told us.

I pressed the button on the Don box and picked up the tip.

"Take a bus to the geyser of Geysigil and locate the Don box." I read.

"Okay. Let's go."

Me and Courtney found the bus stop.

"Um... Where's the bus?" Courtney asked.

"Maybe it's late." I shrugged.

Five other teams arrived shortly after us.

"Well... so much for our lead." Courtney crossed her arms sarcastically.

"Don't even think about getting on the bus before us!" Jacque pointed at the cadets.

"You can't stop me from thinking it. Get out if my head."

"Pfft. Neanderthals." Courtney rolled her eyes.

"Uh guys. The bus." Noah pointed out.

The 5 teams that were here all ran and hopped on the bus. We all took our seats and got comfortable.

Confessional

"Okay. So maybe we lost our lead from yesterday, but we have a knack for these type of games." I grinned.

"Yeah. Besides. We're pretty good at coming up with plans. I was a CIT after all." Courtney bragged as I playfully rolled my eyes.

Confessional ends

The bus stopped and me and Courtney dashed off and got our tip.

"It's an all in. Broken Icelandic telephone?" Courtney raised an eyebrow.

"For this all in teams need to hold down the button on this speaker box to hear me say, 'please give me my next travel tip' in Icelandic with perfect pronunciation." I read." Then you must run across the geothermal field of hot springs and repeat the sentence to an Icelandic local. Say the sentence right, you get the next tip. Say it wrong, and you have to go all the way back to hear the sentence again."

Me and Courtney approached the box.

"Okay. Listen closely." I said and pressed the button.

We heard the pronunciation and moved on. We saw the geyser field ahead. Me and Courtney exchanged a look.

"Guess this is the way." I shrugged.

Me and Courtney continued to navigate through the geyser field.

"Hey. We're doing great." I grinned.

"Of course we are. What did you expe-" Courtney started until she was shot into the air by a geyser.

I managed to predict where she would land and caught her.

"You Alright there Court-case?" I raised an eyebrow with an intrigued grin.

"Yeah. Nice catch." Courtney grinned.

"Come on let's keep going."

+

We managed to meet the Icelandic local.

"Vinsamlegast gefa mera travel albending." Me and Courtney both said confidently and received our tip.

"Yes!" We both high fived and kept going.

"Take the helicopter to Skaftafell Vettel National Park and find the next Don box."