Chapter 9: Dubai

Aaron's POV

Being the second team to arrive to the chill zone, we got our travel tip after the surfer dudes.

"Guess we're going to Dubai." I said.

Don's POV

"Dubai, an oasis of luxury, man-made islands and a mall so big even teenagers get lost. Once here, teams must bust to Burj Al Arab. The world's only seven star hotel to find the next Don Box."

Aaron's POV

We got a taxi and me and 12 other teams rushed in. Like, pushing the doors open rushed in.

"Dubai please." Geoff said.

The employees started typing on his laptop.

"Flight leaving now. 13 seat. Rest on next flight." The employee told us as we all cheered.

+

We all got on the plane. Courtney took window seat and was reading a magazine.

"Hm.... hey Aaron. Pick a color. Pink, or red." Courtney told me.

"Um.... why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Just do it." She narrowed her eyes.

"Um... I don't know. Pink, I guess." I shrugged.

"Okay. Thanks." She said, then continued reading her magazine.

"Um... why did you ask that randomly?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh. I couldn't decide if I wanted to get my nails red or pink. This magazine has some great offers." She grinned.

"Ah, I see. So, Courtney. I've been thinking about our strategy."

"You have?"

"Yes. I think.... maybe we could make an alliance with one of the other teams."

"What?! Why?"

"I mean, it could be beneficial."

"And it can totally slow us down. We have been getting the top three since the race started. I mean, aside from Iceland. Babysitting another team will risk us falling into last place. Besides, what if that team we buddy up with chooses to backstab us?"

"Hm... you do make a point..."

"Plus, what if we did form an alliance and we both are the last two teams that yet to complete that challenge? What then? We just go head to head last minute?"

"Okay, okay. I get it. I get it."

"I'll only consider the offer if it's a team that could actually help us."

"Okay.... fine. You make many good points."

"Exactly.... wait a minute.... does this mean you were wrong for once?"

"Um.... well.... yes and no? I mean, we didn't make an alliance or make any mistakes because of my offer. It just means it was a bad idea."

"And a bad idea is a mistake."

"But is it a mistake if you didn't make the mistake yet?"

"Hm.... fine. But, I hope you see why it's risky."

"I do."

+

Sometime later the plane ride ended and we for off the plane and got the tip from the Don box.

"Hn... it's another either or. Serve or Squeeger." Courtney read.

Don's POV

"Teams can either return one serve each from the world's toughest ball launcher. The tennis menace. Or wash an entire column of windows from the top down."

Aaron's POV

"Pfft. Squeegee." Courtney grinned.

"Really? I thought fir sure you were gonna pick tennis."

"Nope. This practically ensures that we don't come in last. Everyone is gonna do the tennis."

"You make a point."

Me and Courtney got on the top of the building. We then got on machine and started cleaning the windows.

After we cleaned the first one, both pulled the lever at the same time to lower ourselves down to the next window.

"Honestly, aside from the slightly windy weather, the challenge is a breeze." I grinned.

"Honestly. Agreed. I was expecting way worst." Courtney grinned.

+

After what seemed like forever we only had one more window left.

"Last one. FIRST PLACE IS GONNA BE OURS!"Courtney cheered.

Right as Courtney said that The Sisters and The Reality TV Pros finshed there windows.

"What! How?!" Courtney exclaimed.

"You've got to be kidding me." I raised an eyebrow.

"Just keeping cleaning. We might have a chance."

After we cleaned our windows we got the next tip from the Don box.

"Find the chill zone in a Gold Souk." Courtney read.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Don's POV

"The Gold Souk just a normal plaza where everything is made of gold. To reach the chill zone inside this shop teams must travel here in taxis. Some of which are gold. Literally."

Aaron's POV

Me and Courtney hopped in a gold cab and started driving around for the gold souk.

After driving around we got out of the taxis and saw the gold souk. We dashed in and stood on the Carpet of Completion.

"Third." Don told us.

Confessional

"Man. We haven't had first place since Brazil." Courtney stated.

"Yeah.... I mean, we mostly been in the top three at least so that's good."

"Yeah. But still. It would be nice to be in first place again."

Confessional ends