Chapter 20: Mexico

Aaron's POV

After the goths grabbed their tip, we took the next one.

"It's time to go to Mexico. Olé?" Courtney read raising an eyebrow.

Don's POV

"I think you mean olé! Yes there's plenty to get excited about in beautiful Mexico. Where the sun is hot and so is the salsa. Teams must take a form of local transit known as the chicken bus. All the way hers to the beautiful cliffs of Acapulco for their next challenge." I explained.

Aaron's POV

We all boarded the chicken bus. Yeah it's literally a bus full of chickens.

"Ew. This bus is practically full of chicken poop." Courtney cringed.

"Yeah. It's um.... very different." I stated.

A chicken flew over and started peaking Courtney in the head.

"Aw... I think it likes you." I giggled.

"It stinks, and it's annoying my head. Ow. Quit peaking me." She fanned her hand getting it out of her face.

"Eh, this bus isn't so bad."

"Except that it puts us on equal playing fields with the other teams. So much for our lead." Courtney crossed her arms.

+

We've been on the bus for about ten hours. Courtney was leaning on the window peacefully sleeping. I was on my phone texting my mom.

I felt a tap from behind. I turned off my phone and turned around. It was Devin. His best friend, Carrie was sleep.

"Um. Hey Aaron. Can I have your help on something?" Devin asked.

"I guess. What is it?" I asked.

"Okay, so I realized that I'm in love with my best friend, Carrie and I'm not sure how I should tell her. Got any ideas?"

"Hm... I mean, I guess you just tell her how you feel."

"Okay, but how?"

"I mean, you just tell her you like her more than a friend."

"Is that what you did with Courtney?" He pointed.

"Yep." I nodded." The worst that can happen is that she doesn't have the same feelings. But that's about it. It wouldn't hurt to try."

"Okay. Thanks. I might just do that."

Confessional

"I used to have a similar problem as Devin. It took me a while just to tell Courtney my feelings. Especially with all of the drama that went on at the time. But hopefully Devin manages well." I finished

Confessional ends

After the 18 hour bus ride, we all got off of the bus. Me and Courtney headed straight for the Don box.

"Who loves peppers and who loves dip?" Courtney read raising an eyebrow.

Don's POV

"For this all in a team member must eat one hot peper from this food cart. Once eaten wave the corresponding flag color. Then the second member must make like a cliff diver. Eat the hottest pepper and your partner leaps from the lowest ledge, there. Eat a mid-range pepper, and your partner jumps from there. But eat the mildest pepper and you partner is basically jumping from the space station. Cliff jumpers will find their next tip canteens anchored along the bottom of the bay." I explained.

Aaron's POV

"The canteens are filled with just enough cold milk to soothe the pepper eaters burning mouth." Courtney read." So. Which one of us are eating the pepper."

"Pfft. I'll do it. I got this in the bag." I grinned.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

Confessional

"Growning up, my parents were very cultural when it came to spices. Especially on holidays. And lots of those dishes happen to include spices." I grinned.

Confessional ends

Courtney headed up the ladder and I took the hottest peper. I took a deep breath and ate it. I picked up the flag and waved it.

"All clear!" I called out.

Courtney dived into the water. The burn of the pepper was starting to get to me. Just a bit....

Everyone seemed to be struggling with this. Especially Devin. I would help, but... there's not really a way how I can so.....

"Here. I got this milk." Courtney handed me the canteen.

"Nice. What does the next tip say?"

"It's another all-in. Burrowed alive?" Courtney tilted her head and raised an eyebrow.

Don's POV

"For this challenge teams must take burrows from this enclosure and ride them two miles south to reach this temple. Aka today's chill zone. Last team to arrive may end up like the Mayans who once lived here. Not on television." I laughed.

Aaron's POV

"First place! Let's roll!" We high fived and then ran off.

+

Some time passed and me and Courtney have been riding on the burrow for quite some time now.

The Ice Dancers zoomed right past us out of nowhere.

"See you at the finish line. Or not!" Josee laughed.

"Seriously?" Courtney raised an eyebrow.

"Where did they even come from?" I raised an eyebrow.

We kept riding until we reached the chill zone.

"First place." Don told us.

"Nice!" We cheered and high fived.

We would've been in second if the Ice Dancers didn't get themselves a penalty. But first is first so we're not complaining.

An: I'm back... I know it took a while but here's the chapter.