Chapter 11: Finland

Aaron's POV

After the first 6 teams collected their tips, me and Courtney picked up ours from the Don box.

"Fly to Oulu Finland." Courtney read.

Don's POV

"Finland. This European country is home to countless coffee drinkers, cellphone users, and the most saunas per capita. Which is where the teams are headed. Here to this Don box at the piping-hit saunas of the apena Pele spa. Why suffer in the cold when you can suffer in the heat?"

Aaron' POV

We got a taxi and went staright to the airport and got on the flight to Finland. After the flight ended we got a taxi and we were taken to the spa.

I picked up a tip from the Don box.

"Hm... another All in." I said." Finshed Spa day. Teams have to sit in a dry sauna fully clothed at the highest heat for 10 minutes. Each spa hut has just enough room for two teams and doesn't start until both teams have crammed inside. After the sauna collect a tip from the next Don box by crossing the semi-frozen river."

Me and Courtney saw the river with only a few ice patches. We ended up getting in the sauna with the best friends.

We didn't really talk much since it would make it a lot hotter than what it already is. After the 10 minutes were up we walked out and were greeted by a gust of wind.

"Okay. I sometimes regret wearing a jacket during the competition." I said, wiping a pile of sweat off of my head.

"There's the Don box. Let's go." Courtney pointed and took off running.

"Yeah. Right behind you." I sighed and followed behind her.

We saw Owen jump right into the water and get frozen solid.

"Woah. That looks way to cold." Emma commented.

"Come on. It's not that bad." Noah grinned at Emma and jumped in. He started shivering as soon as he got in." S-s-s-see?"

"If he can do it. We can do it. In 3." Courtney started.

"One." I winked.

"Two."

"Three." We both said together and jumped in.

It was SUPER cold. And I'm wearing a jacket. But of course we kept moving to keep warm and to make sure we weren't in last.

We managed to get across freezing.

"Okay. T-t-that was s-so cold." Courtney shivered.

"You wanna barrow my jacket?" I offered.

"Sure."I handed her my jacket and picked up the next tip.

"Head to downtown Oulu and get ready to air out your rock on." I read.

+

Our taxi took us to downtown Oulu. We got out of the cab and examined the setting.

"I don't know why. But this reminds me when we were on set with Chris when we had that one challenge with the whole runway thing." I said.

"I can kinds see what you mean. But this place does look pretty cool."

"There's the Don box." I grinned.

I picked up the tip.

"Another botch or watch. Teams must battle it out in Finlands national sport air guitar." Courtney read.

"Performances will be judged by an applause meter. Get the crowd into a maximum frenzy and teams can rock on over to the next chill zone. Bottom out and it's off to the back of the line to try again." I read." Whoever didn't pull the rickshaw in Beijing must perform here."

"Man. I could do this one with no sweat, as I was in a girls band."

"Yeah... but it's air guitar. How bad could it be?" I shrugged.

We started to watch every team attempt the air guitar. I attempted and almost got a tomato thrown in my face.

Everyone was doing pretty bad. The rockers then arrived.

"Hey? Have we lost yet?" Rock asked.

"No, but I have faith." Josee said confidently.

"Air guitar. I can totally do that."

"Actually you can't. You were suppose to pull the rickshaw back in China so it's his turn." Junior pointed at Spud.

"But he needs time to recover from seal venom" Rock said.

"Seals don't have venom." Courtney rolled her eyes.

"But still. He'll botch it."

"And we'll all watch it."

"Do you think if none of us pass the challenge he'll like, change it or something?" I asked.

"Only time will tell." Courtney said..

We watched Spud go in stage. He wasn't really doing anything. The crowd started booing but then he suddenly got really into the music.

He then did this fart lighter thing.

"Okay... ew." Courtney raised an eyebrow in disgust.

"Yeah. I'm not doing that. Got any ideas Court-case?" I asked.

"Hm... well. Remember that time where we had to play that guitar in season 2 or else we'd get shocked? Just pretend like you'll get shocked and imagine you're playing that guitar and you'll do fine." She gave me a thumbs up.

+

After watching the rockers, everyone seemed to get some sort of idea of what they were doing.

I stuck with Courtney's advise and started playing air guitar.

"Woo hoo! Go Aaron!" Courtney cheered.

I kept playing until the task was complete. After that, me and Courtney went to the chill zone.

"I feel like a complete idiot." I stated.

"You did fine Aaron. Besides. You looked pretty cute doing it." Courtney chuckled as I blushed.

We both stood on the carpet of completion.

"7th place." Don told us as we both heavily sighed.

Confessional

"Okay. We really need to step up our game. We can't just keep settling for 7th place. We're better than that. Next chill zone. We get to the top three."

"I'll see what I can do but no promises."