Chapter 18: Flores Indonesia

Aaron's POV

Me and Courtney got our tip.

"Indonesia." Courtney told me.

"Great. Some heat." I shivered.

Don's POV

"Flores Indonesia is packed with beautiful empty beaches. Majestic mountain ranges. And ominously silent jungles. Teams must fly to Flores then taxis to the Don box in this village. How do the locals keep tourist away from this island paradise. Nobody knows, but it might have something to do Komodo dragon problem. Teams will depart on three different cargo planes. Each taking off an hours apart based on when they arrived at the chill zone. So the frontrunners have a real advantage." I stated.

Suddenly a narwal poked a hole through the ice.

"Woah." I exclaimed. They then poked holes through all the wheels of one of our planes.

"Apparently the narwhals are still upset about our ring-toss game. Anyways same idea but with two planes." I stated.

Another narwhal broke the wheels to another one of our planes.

"EVERYONE ON THE LAST PLANE! NOW NOW GO GO MOVE MOVE MOVE! HURRY!" I ordered.

Everyone got their tips and ran onto the plane.

"So it's an eight-way tie as our teams fly to sunny Indonesia.  A narwhal free country."

Aaron's POV

After the plane landed we all ran off the plane. Me and Courtney got a taxi and started heading to our next destination.

Me, Courtney, the sisters, the reality tv pros, and the best friends all arrived at the same time.

"So who wants to go first?" Noah asked his team.

The Kumoto was blocking the Don box.

Brody and Geoff then arrived. They honked the car of their taxi and the kumoto woke up. It got up and ran after the car.

The surfers got their tip. After they got theirs me and Courtney got ours.

"It's an all in. How to milk your dragon." Geoff read.

Don's POV

"Just when you thought these beast were harmless it turns out their saliva is loaded with venom. Teams must collect one pile of Komodo saliva and  hand it to this kid to get their next tip. That said try not to get bitten. In case you do side effects may include headache, dizziness and being eaten by a komodo dragon." I stated.

Aaron's POV

Me and Courtney exchanged a look after reading the tip.

"How on earth are we suppose to do that?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. But we're both smart. We'll think of something.

+

Me and Courtney were both sitting in a tree trying to think of ideas.

"Okay. So, maybe if we get something heavy. L-like a rock. Then, drop it on its head. And then take It's saliva." I suggested.

"Yeah but it'll be knocked out. There has to be a better way. And no way are ether one of us getting close and personal to it."

An idea sparked in my head.

"Court-case. I got an idea. I just need a rope and a good sized rock." I told her.

She raised an eyebrow.

"Don't worry. It might take some time but I think it'll work." I told her.

"Eh, I hope so."

+

Me and Courtney were sitting in a tree. We had the supplies.

"Okay. Now we just need bait." I stated.

"Oh no.... you're not suggesting-" Courtney started.

"Pfft. Of course not. I'll be the bait. Here's the plan. I'll lead the Komodo to the tree and you drop the rock onto the komodo." I stated.

"How is this going to-" Courtney started.

"Trust me on this." I stated.

"Okay."

+

We were putting the plan to action. I saw a Komodo sleeping on the ground. I picked up a small rock and tossed it on its arm. It woke up instantly.

"Hehe.... hi?" I waved at it." Come catch me if you-" I started but it started chasing me before I could finish.

I started running from it. I headed back to the place me and Courtney came up with our plan. She was sitting in the tree with the boulder.

"Now!" I shouted.

She pushed the rock and it fell on the Kumodo. She hopped out of the rope and we cheered.

"Alright. It's knocked out. Now what?" Courtney raised an eyebrow.

"Now We tie it up." I stated.

We tied it up to the tree we were in. We had our tiny bottle to take its saliva. It started drooling.

I managed to get the drool into the bottle. The Kumodo then woke up. It manage 6o break out of the ropes that we used to tie it up.

"I think we should." Courtney said.

"Yeah. We should." I agreed.

We both ran off.

+

We managed to lose sight of the komodo. We gave our drool to the kid and got our next tip.

"It's an All in. 'Prepare to meet your loom'?" Courtney read raising an eyebrow.

Don's POV

"That's right. Loom. Indonesia is known for  making ikat textiles.  Lots and lots of ikat textiles.  Somewhere in those piles are eight Ridonculous rugs just like this." I showed a rug with the earth on it." Each team must find one. Only then can they head all the way over here. To the carpet of Completion. No rush" I stated sipping my drink.

Aaron's POV

Me and Courtney were looking though a giant pile of carpets. With due time we managed to find a one. After that we got to the carpet of Completion and end up in third.

Which isn't bad. At least we didn't earn a penalty this time.