|Chapter - 4| Torture

Sophie felt like she was drowning in the darkness. She heard whispers of conversations but she couldn't make out a single word. The one word she heard was 'Thor' but she had no idea who this Thor character was. 

But slowly the darkness thinned and Sophie slowly regained her consciousness. The whispers became words, words became sentences, and those sentances became conversation. She heard a small conversation about someone not responding to most of their questions and wondering if the person spoke English.

It was one word that gave her the final push to become fully awake. A feminine voice said "The boy said his name was Fitz Vacker but that's about all we got out of him." Fitz, they were talking about Fitz. 

Her eyes flew open, then shut tightly again due to the bright lights slowly she opened her eyes again and she took in her surroundings. She was in a white room, with only a small bed which Sophie was on. 

Sophie tried to extend her mind out put before she could try to search for any of her friends thoughts her mind was overwhelmed with human thoughts. A low grown escaped her lips and she leaned back onto the wall. She focused on blocking the thoughts out. 

Finally she could reach her thoughts out again. She found the familiar warmth of Fitzs mind and transmitted his name to him. Fitz didn't respond with any words just a small groan like transmitimg was hurting him.

Fitz? Are you okay? She transmitted. He groaned again but managed to get a transmission out.

Sophie. The- The humans, their questioning us. I think I'm the first to wake up. He groaned again. Play dumb, Soph. Act like you camt speak English. I think I accidentally gave my name. I cant remember. Everythings hazy. 

Did they do anything to you? Give you anything? What do you remember? She transmitted to him her voice scared. What had they done to him?

I think they gave me some yellow thing. I'm pretty sure they called it truth serum, but I don't think-think it worked. But I don't know. I cant remember what they asked. My heads spinning I cant think straight Soph. I remember them askimg questions and whenever I didn't answer they would cut me with-with a knife. I don't remember though. Sophies blood boiled. They were torturing Fitz for info.

How long have you been awake? She asked.

Probably a few hours. I cant-I cant rember anything. Everythings blurry and-

Its okay Fitz. Its gonna be okay. How do you feel? She asked cutting him off.

I think his voice cut off for about thirty seconds and just as Sophie was about to panic he started again. I think I'm gonna pass out. Everything is blurry and I cant focus and the world is spinning and and, ooh man the lights are to bright.

His consciousness then faded out and Sophie realized that Fitz had passed out. Sophie tried to transmit to him trying to wake him but nothing works.

She leans her head on the wall. Its cool and smooth and uncomfortable. She feels so stupid. Why does this always have to happen? She was supposed to live a eternal life full of peace and happiness but no. She hates this.

And her boyfriend has just been tortured. 

She hears the door slide open and Sophie turns her attention to see a man enter. He is a tall dark skinned man with and eye patch covering his left eye. He is wearing an all black trenchcoat and Sophie could barely make out the edge of a gun strapped to his side.

The man sat down on the edge of her bed regarding her with his one eye. Sophie lifted her chin up slightly acknowledging the older man. He levels her with a glare but Sophie keeps eye contact with the man. 

He starts to fire rapid fire questions. Sophie pretended to be confused  and said, in the enlightened language "I dont speak English."

The man growled and shot her one more glare before he got up and left her alone again. She closed her eyes again and leaned back against the wall. She tried to reach back out to Fitz, but he was still unresponsive.

The door opened again and Sophie opened her eyes to see her visitor. It was another man. His hair was black and cropped short and he had brown eyes. He wore a dark suit that reminded Sophie of the spies she would see in human movies. A gun was strapped to his side.

He said nothing as he grabbed her arm. Sophie used her other hand to clench the bedsheets already having guessed what he was going to do. Her suspicions were comfirmed as he pulled out a syringe with a yellowish liquid inside.

The so called truth serum.

He injected the needle into her arm, and Sophie winced slightly. She hated syringes and needles in general. When he was finished he put the syringe away and pulled something else out. It was a small knife, maybe two inches. It was clearly razor sharp. Sophie felt her stomach churn as she realized what was happening.

They were going to torture her for information.

He asked his first question; Who are you? It was a simple question but Sophie responded again whith an exuse of not being able to speak English. Before she knew what was happening he pushed the knife into her palm and made a small cut.

It stung badly and Sophie looked down to see blood already gushing. She wondered if he had his a vein. He asked the question again and Sophie gave the same response. He cut her again but this time pressing the knife deep into her skin.

Red swarmed her vision. She closed her eyes trying to block out the noise around her so she could add the pain to her knot of emotions. But he was clearly asking questions and her lack of a response made him take the knife out and start to cut her leg.

That was the end. Her knot of emotions unraveled hitting the man in front of her. Her vision swam and she could hear shouts but she couldn't focus. The world was tilting and it was dragging Sophie with it.

And for the second time Sophie passed out.

Sorry for such a long wait. I have been writing this chapter for a while but its been slow going. PSA: If there are any fans of Percy Jackson reading this I have a new story with many chapters already. Its called out in the open, and its about the mist fading. Please give it a read!

See you next chapter!