|Chapter 19| And Blood is Spilt,

Sophie Foster was ready to watch the world burn.

No one got to touch her sister. No one got to take her family again, put them in a situation they were not equipped to handle.

At the same time, Sophie was holding back the burning tears that were trying to fall. This isn't fair.

She was supposed to live on for the rest of time, at peace and happy. Surrounded by her closest friends and living in a peaceful world. That's what she was supposed to have once the Neverseen was gone.

But her world had been thrown into disarray again. Goblins, Asgardians, and a handful of Ogres and Dwarves were in the hands of humans. And not a week before, a group of elves were in their hands as well.

Sophie Foster was in her room, silently hiding throwing stars in the hidden pockets in her clothes. Her hair was tied back, and she had a spare leaping crystal hidden in the sole of one of her boots.

She tied a mask, similar to the one she wore at Exillium, and a suggestion of Biana's. She had said that the more alike the group looked, the more the enemy would be confused. Finally, Sophie threw a hood over her hair.

She walked downstairs where a few of her friends were waiting. Keefe pulled at his hood, "Feels like we're at Exillium again," he said, glancing at Tam.

"Tell me about it," Tam grumbled.

Biana spoke up, appearing in the room suddenly as she did, "I'm guessing we aren't killing anyone." She glanced towards Sophie.

Sophie nodded but pulled a throwing star out. Her hand ran along the flat part of the weapon a reassurance of her strength. "No killing," she assured, "And try not to shatter your sanity. All you need to do is contain them until we can get the captives out."

Sophie Foster did not condone killing. No one's life deserved to be stripped away by someone else, no matter what they had done. But that didn't mean she thought giving people an injury to achieve your goal was a sin.

War, for that, was almost what this was, is a chess game. You don't follow the actions of your opponent, you note them while playing with your own strategy. A long time ago, Sophie had read a book, where a character had said something that resonated through her, even now.

"Play the board, not the piece."

This was a strategic move. Sophie wanted it to be the only battle they fought, the last time they would spill blood over this, but should a war truly break out, they would be as ready as possible.

They were outnumbered, yes. But they would be playing a game of their own while the humans thought they controlled the game.

The humans would think they had spread the gasoline, lit the match. Meanwhile, they would be in the shadows, flaming the fire and letting her burn.

Letting the world fall down.

Because they were tired of the humans thinking themselves higher than them. They had crossed them before, thousands of years before, and the elves, and the other intelligent species, had been forced to fade into the mythos and legend.

But the role they had played for the last couple millennia, would be thrown away once this war was over. They would be the silent puppet masters of the world for only a little while longer.

The elves were not the subordinates of humans. If they lost this battle, they would still never submit to humans. They wouldn't not the puppet state of a human country, a political bargaining tool.

If they lost this war, this battle, they would fade away again. They would hide in the shadows until they faded into the world they had been in before. The illusions around their world would be strengthened and humans would forget soon enough.

Sophie Foster did not want to lose, and it seemed that was a common sentiment across all the intelligent species. Everyone was tired of humans controlling the Earth, while subsequently driving her into a nosedive down.

They would let the world be theirs again.

No matter how many fires they set.

How many traps they set for the foolish humans.

How many battles they had to fight to be out of the shadows again.

And all that they needed to do was to go and attack the humans. Cross the bridge.

Take the Leap of Faith.

WOOOOOO! A new chapter two days in a row! I'm really inspired rn, so who knows chapter 20 may come out tomorrow. Then its on to part five, which im kinda scared for bc its def the least fleshed out of all the parts. It may take a few days to start, because I really need tofigure out what I want to do. I have a basic idea rn, but its not enough to write five full length chapters. This chapter is shorter than I wanted, but the next chapter should be longer. I'm really trying ya'll.