|Chapter 17| As The Horn Blows

Ro threw yet another throwing star at one of the hundreds of pesky humans.

As she fought, she tried to ignore the fact that the chances of her side winning were slim. She tried to ignore the fact that they were significantly outnumbered.

She forced herself into the mindset of a warrior, the mindset of the queen she would one day be. She would have to abandon the fight soon, try to cut her losses. But that was looking more and more impossible every second.

She cut through another human, desperately trying to make her way to one of the still-standing Asgardian warriors. The Asgardians were fighting around the limp body of their king, defending the fallen king as best they could.

As soon as they arrived the humans had acted. A bullet had hit him and seemed to be filled with some über powerful sedative. The king had fallen to the floor, limp as a corpse.

The battle had gone downhill from there.

The humans were vastly more prepared. They had guns and reloadable weapons at their disposal. They outnumbered the small army by some fifty people. But with Thor and his leadership, gone, the Asgardians had fallen into disarray.

The humans weren't killing their opponents per se. They were wounding them, yes, but the humans had not slain a single one of their enemies.

The humans sparing of their foes wasn't reciprocated. Ro alone had killed many of her opponents, not always in a painless way. But the humans would win this fight, Ro was smart enough to know that.

Eventually, she made her way over to the Asgardian, yelling to him as she fought by his side, "Do you have a leaping crystal?"

He managed to pull a crystal out of his pocket and Ro nodded her approval. "Get it ready," she ordered him, "We need to go before we lose more people. Sandor!" she cried to the Goblin. He turned to look at her, ducking under a bullet as he did.

"Yes?" he yelled back.

"Get as many people over here as you can. We need to get out!" Ro said.

Sandor nodded but crumpled to the floor only a second later. Behind him stood a human with a gun, who had shot the Goblin in his leg.

Ro's vision turned red. Before she knew what she was doing, she had killed the human, told the Asgardian to get them out of here, and they leapt away.

Keefe looked at his bodyguard, half in awe, half in horror.

Ro was covered in blood, as was the Asgardian she had arrived with. Her knives and throwing stars were all gone and she looked pissed off as she told The Council, Queen Hylda, The Collective, Team Valiant, along with some friends, what had happened.

Councilor Terik looked at her, face agape, once she had finished her story. He sighed, running his hand over his face. "This is not good," he sighed.

"We need to retaliate," Queen Hylda hissed. "They injured our soldiers, why not strike back harder."

"That's not going to do much," Sophie said quietly. "When one group strikes back, the other one will do the same. Then the first group strikes again, and before you know it, we're fighting a war."

"A war we don't want," Bronte said through gritted teeth.

"That's true," Queen Hylda said, giving a huff of frustration.

"But we can't let them get away with this!" The Asgardian cried. "My king was sedated by them, his previous allies. If we let them run rampant, and let them have those we lost in their clutches for too long, the world as we know it will fall to pieces."

Ro nodded. "He's right. They had some mercy, but I think they wanted alive test subjects." Her scowl said it all.

"But what can we do?" Oralie pressed, "They outnumber us, that's obvious. They're more adept at fighting. The elves can't send any of our people out, not with our guilt."

Keefe blurted his thoughts out, "Well we could use someone who isn't restrained by guilt. Someone who doesn't care about the guilt that comes with doing terrible things."

Everyone turned to him, their faces all saying the same thing: Are you dumb? "On second thought..." Keefe said, his face heating up in embarrassment, "Let's not do that."

"I second that," Fitz said dryly. Keefe shot him an offended glance.

The room was silent until Sophie's imparter buzzed.

Sophie took it out and her face scrunched in confusion. "Amy?" she whispered, mainly to herself, but everyone heard it. She answered the call.

Amy Foster's frantic whispers filled the room in an instant "-phie please, Dear God, please come here. Their people in the house and I don't know why and they're looking for me!" Her words were rushed, frantic.

"Amy, what do you mean? Where are you?" Sophie asked, her voice laced with panic.

"I'm-I'm hiding in my closet in my dorm. Sophie please, I'm scared-" her voice cut off as they heard the sound of a door, likely the closet door, slamming open. Amy let loose a scream, and they heard the sound of someone struggling before the line suddenly went dead.

Sophie looked at the imparter in horror. Suddenly her face steeled, she stood up, and her eyes darkened. "We fight back. No matter what," Sophie hissed. "They do not get to hurt one more person I care about."

Sophie got out of her seat, and stormed out, leaving a silent and stunned room in her wake.

Biana Vacker is a lesbian don't attack me, kay?