|Chapter 18| And things are taken,

Amy Foster had heard the stories of people desperately praying to God when in distress.

It was always the same story; the person is in great distress, in a situation they may not survive. And in those moments, they pray to God.

Amy Foster never thought she would be one of those people.

But here she was, sitting in her closet, trying not to cry as she sent prayers to a God she had never paid attention to until then. Her thoughts were a mess, her hands shaking and she was soundlessly crying, praying that the people in her dorm would leave.

She heard a crash downstairs and swallowed down the sob that rose in her throat.

A glint of silver caught her eye. She realised what it was only a second later, and she swallowed down yet another sob- a sob of relief.

She picked up the imparter, and whispered, "Show me, Sophie Foster."

Her sister picked up, but by that point, Amy was already desperately whispering to her. "Oh my god, Sophie please, Dear God, please come here. Their people in the house and I don't know why and they're looking for me!"

Her sister cut her off suddenly, her words frantic, "Amy, what do you mean? Where are you?"

Amy, swallowing yet another sob down, "I'm-I'm hiding in my closet in my dorm. Sophie please, I'm scared-"

The door slammed open. Hands pulled Amy out of the closet, and she screamed. She flailed and kicked and screamed, pleading and begging them to tell her what she had done.

"Why?" she said, "What did I do? Why are you doing this, oh dear God? What did I do? Where are you taking me? Why? Help me, please someone, help me!"

A gag was thrown over her mouth, and her hope started to falter. Amy continued to kick and try to scream until her hands were tied behind her.

Next thing she knew, a sweet-smelling cloth was being pressed over her nose. Amy tried to not take in a breath of the sedative, but she eventually had to. As she faded into a forced sleep, she sent another prayer, but this time to her sister.

Sophie help me.

What are you talking about, I have not been freaking out over folklore by Taylor Swift the entire day and only listened to that ever since it came out.

(The song at the top is so about the assholes that are Kimye, don't even try to argue that.)

Also, sorry this chapter is so short. It's not a very important chapter, just giving some background on what happened with Amy. Next chapter will be longer and I'm really going to try to have it up as soon as possible. But we all know I'm shit at keeping promises.