|Chapter 6| A Warning

Tony Stark sat in one of the many chairs that surrounded the conference table fiddling with the silver choker. It had been around the neck of one of the five captives they held. It seemed that he was waiting for someone to enter as he kept periodically glancing up at the fogged glass door.

His eyebrows furrowed as he continued to study the choker. He was so enthralled by the crystals and the detail, that he didn't notice more people had entered the room. Until someone cleared their throat.

Tony's head snapped up to see the rest of the Avengers sitting there. Well most of them. Thor was in New Asgard trying to help Valkyrie with her duties, Carol Danvers was somewhere, and Steve had retired from Avengers duties so he had no reason to take part.

Natasha was looking at him with an arched eyebrow. Tony grinned at her, and placed the choker on the glass table. "Yes Ma'am?" He said.

She rolled her eyes, but he could see the grin on her face. "You suck Stark. But," she clapped her hands, "Meeting time! Any progress on that choker thing?"

Tony shook his head. "Nothing more than we already know. Its metal is foreign, and I have been able to locate a tracker, but not the source for the tracker. Its code is unlike anything I have ever seen. Its code sequence has the same basic principles as ours, but it's very different. Almost non-human."

Sam Wilson took the choker from the table and examined it. He narrowed his eyes at something before taking in a quick breath. "Look." he said pointing at something small. Tony narrowed his eyes and took the choker back.

On the choker there was a small carving. It was three letters, SEF. "These look like initials." He paused and bit his lip. "JARVIS, look for females with the initials SEF, aged maybe 24-25 ish? Then select ones that are strange or have some sort of anomaly."

"Yes sir."

|0|

"Nicholas Fury!" A loud voice roared. Tony's head snapped up to see Thor, storming towards the group that was still sat around the meeting table nearly an hour later.

"Yes...?" Fury ventured, his eyebrow quirking up.

"I have recived news of the prisoners you had recently."Thor started looking absolutely furious.

"Really? Do you know anything about who they are, what they are, and what they want?" Fury said, unable to hide his eagerness at getting more information.

"I know exactly who they are, what they are, and what they want. You have attacked a group of people who you should not have. They are a race older than even the eldest Norse Gods." He paused to look at Fury, his one eye white with lightning. "Call of all investigations into them. Your are messing with the wrong people, and be certain that if you fight them, Asgard will fight on their side."

And with a dramatic turn, Thor left the stunned confrence room.