|Chapter 10| Brewing Battle

The Avengers were discussing the strange findings when FRIDAY called out. "Miss Foster and some of her friends have been seen about seven blocks west of here. Shall I release an order to clear out the surrounding area?"

There was a cacophony of voices following her report, silenced only by an ear piercing whistle from Steve. He looked upon his teammates, looking almost like a mom scolding his children.

Steve ran his hand over his face, his age starting to show on his face. "If we're all in agreement," he paused to look at Tony, who nodded, "Suit up, and in the Quinjet hangar as soon as possible." And with a curt nod, the Avengers set off.

|0|

Sophie Foster slinked around the corner, her friends right behind her. She glanced around, and rushed to the opposite alleyway. Her friends followed.

From there, she and her friends rushed into the bustling crowd, not taking a single glance back.

Had any of them chosen to look back, they would have seen the person clad in black, glance around, and whisper into his phone. They would have seen that there were at least 5 cameras on them at the current moment.

But no one looked back.

They rushed through the crowd, and the people parted around them. The humans couldn't help but stare as the strange young adults rushed by, eyes set with determination.

They finally reached their destination when they came to the doors of a small, quiet restaurant. They split into three groups of three from there, parting ways as they did. Sophie, Fitz, and Biana stayed however, and walked inside the restaurant, and sat in a booth in a far corner, right next to a window looking out into the crowd.

They sat in quite until a waitress came up to take their orders. They all ordered a drink, and started to make small talk. All the while, they were stealing periodic looks out the windows, eyes shifting over every person they saw.

It was clear to the few people watchers in the restaurant that they were looking for someone or something.

Suddenly, a large whirring sound could be heard. Out of the sky descended a few jets, all bearing the Avengers logo on the side. They landed in the centre of the square. 

A voice could be heard coming from them, even inside the restaurant. It ordered for all civilians to leave the square at once. The people in the restaurant followed the orders, streaming out of the door and heading away from the jet.

Somewhere in the crowd, Biana, Sophie, and Fitz had vanished. They managed to weave themselves through the crowd holding hands all the while. They sought refuge behind a bench.

A buzz in her pocket made Sophie pull out her imparter. She checked to see a message from Dex. It read: Wylie, Lihn, and I are safe. Waiting for Tam, Keefe, and Marella's status. Are you guys safe?

She managed to reply, saying: We are fine. Do not leave the square. They're looking for us, and we better give them what they want. A devious grin somehow found itself on her face. 

They are safe. Just in case, I'm setting a rendezvous point in case we flee, his reply said. By this point, the entire square was empty, save for the jets and them.

Good. Was Sophie's final reply, before she tucked her imparter back into her pocket. She squeezed Biana's hand, letting her know that she could drop her vanishing.

And just like that, they were visible to everyone. 

And thats the end of part 2. Part 3 should be coming put this weekend, hopefully on Sunday, May 2nd.  Sorry the final chapter for this part was so short, but it's a very specific set of events, that I can only explain so much. Luckily for all of you, the next part is jam packed, which means longer chapters. 

Ta Ta for now.