|Chapter 13| Change The Rules

Waking up was not an easy feat for Tam. His head felt like a thousand bricks were being slammed into it. It ached, and he wondered if this is what it felt like when his friends became telepaths. If so, he felt really, really bad for Sophie and Fitz.

Slowly though he realised that he was waking up. Memories were falling into place, like how him and his friends had been in the forbidden cities for a reason that escaped him. How they had been found, mere minutes after their arrival. They had been met with these humans, and they fought and everything was blurry after that. His neck was also throbbing, and he could feel the bruise growing there.

He tried to move his arms, only to feel the hard edge of the metal bonds restraining him. Tams breath started to quicken, and he could almost hear his heartbeat thumping loudly in his chest, because he was a prisoner. He didn't know who he was a prisoner to, and the memories that would give him that information had disappeared from his head in his panicked state.

He heard voices speak in an unfamiliar language, and then something covered his mouth and nose. His body immediately loosened, and only seconds later he had passed out again, too weak to do anything but succumb to the darkness.

When he woke up again, the only thing he could place was that he was moving. He tried to move his hands but they were still restrained. He struggled to open his eyes. His efforts were rewarded, when he managed to open his eyes.

The bright lights above his head caused him to squint, and he attempted to move again. He couldn't move an inch, because his entire body had been tied down.

He attempted to take a deep breath, but the air he was taking in had an almost sweet quality about it. Tam started to hyperventilate, struggling to get a full breath of air.

He flailed against his bonds, and managed to break through the one restraining his legs. His legs started to flail even more and he felt his foot connect with something. There was a loud thud, and he screeched to a halt. Hands started to restrain his flailing limbs, and he could hear a whole lot of shouting all around him.

He felt another prick in his arm. His muscles laxed against his will, and he let out a pained whimper. He didn't want to be a prisoner. He wanted to go home, where it was safe, and where his boyfriend was. Where they could cuddle in the dark nights, and where he never needed to let go.

The black flooded him again, and he passed out.

When Tam woke up the next time it was much less traumatic than the past two times.

To start, he didn't immediately feel bonds against his wrists. Secondly the air he was breathing wasn't unnaturally sticky and sweet. It was clean, well as clean as human air could get.

Tam groaned as he came to. He struggled to categorise his injuries, because the only thing he could feel was a throbbing at the base of his neck.

His first thought was where the hell am I?

His second thought was of Keefe.

His eyes scanned the room looking for him. But no luck, Tam was alone. He bit his lip, mussed up his hair, and paced while he thought.

A thought came to him and he glanced at every corner of the room. There were absolutely no cameras that he could see.

He pressed his ear against the door, listening for anyone. Closing his eyes, he used the hearing enhancing skill he learned while at Exillium.