|Chapter 21| Ancient, Royal, and a Dance

The Elven World.

A world of glimmering buildings, riches and capes. Dark secrets once forgotten, now more a secret between select people. Glitter and Gold, Darkness and Blood Soaked Building Blocks.

Revealed over television.

Absurd, ancient men whispered. Creative, the adults said, dismissing the thought. Absolutely hilarious the children thought.

Whatever it was, there was one thing all could agree on; this was life-changing.

Kings and Queens the old tales would call them.

Silent watchers.

Blessed and ancient.

The new tales that the council would tell them were similar, yet so very different.

They were in a sense, Kings and Queens. They had power and riches, equality and peace. They watched from the shadows for many a millennium, the card dealer in the intricate card game that was life.

But they were so much more than what generations of folklore would say. They were powerful yet not, some blessed with gifts and other giftless. Young and old, all though it was hard to tell the age of any of them.

They were fair in their convictions, yet there were those who heard not the pleads for mercy from their victims. In a way, they were like the men they had tried so hard to draw lines and differences from.

So maybe it was fate they stepped out of the shadows. Turned their eye to the humans, and lifted the veil. Because things that are alike, forged by the same kiss of life, could not be forever pulled apart.

Two dancers in a masquerade ball, always twirling around each other, briefly touching and meeting eyes until the time where they finally dance as one.

The dance is fated, set in the stars.

And this, this reveal, that is the moment where the hands meet.

A small start, innocent and naive. Bound to spiral into a tale of two, or a tale of two that separate once again, after a brief dance, not to meet until the next ball.

Only time will tell.

Welp this is the shortest chapter I'm pretty sure. Sorry its late. 

Fun fact: The quotes from the part thingy, at least the first two, are based of lines in this chapter. This chapter also directly ties into said part thingy. I need a better name for those.

Additionally, chapters 22 and 23 will come out at the same time, and 24 and 25 at the same time as well. This may mean updates will take longer, but it's a bit better for me lol.