Chapter 15, I care...

*No one's POV*

Yugi started off with placing a cold bucket next to Yami and soaked a rag placing it on his head. Yami was covered in his sweat so Yugi undid the few top buttons of his shirt. Yugi sighed and tried to figure out what to do.

He remembered the old recipe of soup his mother used to make for when he fell sick so he rushed to the kitchen and rummaged through his kitchen. He found everything but was worried he would screw it up and just make Yami more sick then he was.

Yugi debated on calling his brother but only remembered he was covering for him so he had to do this by himself. He couldn't help but everytime he had finished cutting up some vegetables he would peak in and make sure Yami hadn't fell off the couch.

Once everything was in the pot and cooking, Yugi took a moment to sit down. He breathed out and walked over to place his hand on Yami's forehead. It was still extremely warm, Yugi was getting worried. Yugi looked and noticed that Yami still had his jacket on, so he thought it would be good to take it off.

Taking the cover off of him, Yugi raised Yami and was about to take his jacket off.

But in a instant he was flipped and was laying on the couch with Yami towering over him. "Who the hell are you, are you trying to kill me?" Yami growled until he focused and saw who it was. He backed up and let go of Yugi, sitting up properly. "S-Sorry Yugi, I forgot where I was."

"Heh, it's alright. Just do me a favour and lose a layer," Yugi said and Yami's face flushed red. "D-Don't think much of it, having too many layers means you're not cool at all."

Yami, although slightly out of it nodded his head and removed his jacket to have just his white shirt on. Yugi turned on the t.v and went back to the kitchen with firm orders that Yami stayed laid down.

To which he didn't listen to and stood up walking to the kitchen. He peaked around the corner and saw Yugi looking happy as he was cooking away. He smiled, never seeing anyone back at his home smile genuinely. But with Yugi it never feels forced.

Yugi caught a glimpse of him and puffed up his cheeks. "What did I just say? Go back, lie down and stay down. You need plenty of rest," Yugi said and rushed over grabbing Yami's arm. "Come on I'll give you a hand."

"N-No I wanna help you, or at least let me watch," Yami breathed out and looked around. Although it was just a kitchen, Yami felt more at ease looking around then just being in his own house.

Yugi sighed as he helped Yami to walk over to the kitchen counter and made him sit down. 

"You can't help, but I'll let you watch then. You want a hot chocolate?" Yugi asked and Yami smiled nodding his head. 

Yugi turned his back and Yami saw that all the colours around the kitchen were light, it's like it represents his personality. Yugi was cutting something Yami couldn't see so he stood up as quietly as he could and walked over. He wrapped his arms around Yugi that got startled and threw a knife across the worktop.

"Yami don't sneak up on people that have a knife in their hands!" Yugi yelled as he turned and saw Yami's face. There was a different look in his eyes that wasn't there before and Yugi couldn't pinpoint to what it was. "Yami are you alright?"

Yami tried to speak, but he lost his words when he was staring into Yugi's eyes. Those soft eyes, ones he wasn't used to see in someone who he didn't see on a daily basis. He liked this look, this spot they were in. Yugi in his arms.

He wanted it to always be like that, he wanted Yugi.

"No one pays attention to me like you, I like that in you," Yami mumbled as his nose touched Yugi's. He removed his arm from around Yugi and ran it down to link hands with Yugi, noticing how his hands were slightly bigger. "I wonder how much you care Yugi..."

Yugi moved forward placing his forehead against Yami's and had his eyes closed. Yami felt his cheeks flush as their lips were mere centimeters apart. "Your fever is still high. I'm putting you back on the couch and you can rest there. I want you to sleep for a while though," Yugi said and started to drag Yami to the couch. 

"But I wanna stay with you..." Yami mumbled as Yugi made him lie down. 

"You are with me, you're in my house," Yugi said and Yami just whined out loud. "Listen, give me about five minutes and I'll come back alright?"

Yami nodded his head as he covered himself with his blanket and waited with a smile for Yugi to return him. Indeed in five minutes Yugi came back through with two hot chocolates and a heavy sigh.

"Here you go, might wanna leave it for a few. Does anyone in your family know your here?" Yugi asked as he placed the cups down and sat on the end of the couch. Yami didn't hear him because he was too busy getting up and shifting himself so his head was on Yugi's lap and an arm around his leg. "Yami?"

Yugi leaned down, only to discover Yami was out cold the moment his head touched Yugi's lap.

A phone had started to go off, and Yugi knew it wasn't his own. He went down Yami's pocket and grabbed Yami's phone and saw the number. 'Takashi' was the number. Yugi tilted his head to if he should answer it, it may be someone worried about where he is. 

Yugi decided to leave it, thinking Yami wouldn't like it if someone just answered his phone. However when the caller stopped the phone began to ring again. Yugi didn't want Yami to wake up so he answered it. "Hello?"

"This isn't Yami is it?" the voice asked.

"No, this is his friend he is with. He currently has a fever so he is resting at my house. Who is this may I ask," Yugi asked while placing his free hand down on Yami's chest to pull him up closer then resting it on his waist.

"His caretaker. Is this Yugi Muto?" the voice asked again and this time Yugi was a little confused. How does this stranger know his name? 

"Yeah it is, how do you know my name?"

"Listen to me very carefully. If Yami ever asks you to pick up his phone, NEVER answer unless it's me. I'm sure you know of his family so I don't need to explain. I wish for you to message me your number, I have made a promise to Yami that I will help to look after you.

"I know this is too random, but Yugi you're in more danger than you think. Please believe me," the voice said and Yugi just remembered his name. 

"Takashi right? I want to ask a question," Yugi said and Takashi hummed. "What's Yami's favourite food?"

Takashi laughed down the phone and Yugi smiled imaging he is like Yami and how these two are wrapped into this family. 

"When he is ill, he always like to share noodles with someone he trusts. What he does when he is ill he gets real cuddly with me, he may be like that to you," Takashi said and Yugi giggled. 

"Alright thank you Takashi, I'll text you my number but for now I have to go," Yugi said and Takashi and him said goodbye.

After texting Takashi his number and sighing, wishing he knew noodles was Yami's favourite food before putting on soup for him.

Oh yeah, I'm into writing this story so much. I'm getting my grove back slowly, but since I'm a gamer as well trying to write becomes a pain sometimes. But I manage!

So Yami gets real squishy when he is ill, but does that explain to what he is thinking?

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!