- three

aleyia

i hop off my old ass skateboard outside of the school and made my way up the few concrete steps. the hall was already flooded by students being way too loud for 8 am. i put my board in my empty locker and made my way to class.

my morning classes are horrible. my adhd constantly has me off task. i let my back pack fall off my back next to my desk in the back row and waited for cyrus and maria to come and take the seats surrounding me. maria came first sitting to my left.

"you're dressed to impress." she said sarcastically. i looked down at my outfit. my oversized forrest green hoodie paired with ripped jeans and classic old school with a pair of sweet ass socks.

"what about my socks." i point. today i was repping evergreen trees to match the hoodie.

"i like them." cyrus said sitting to the right of me just before the bell rang. "thanks" i smile.

after my morning periods stopped beating the shit out of me the lunch bell rang and i walked with sophie to our circle lunch table. cyrus, ryan (who was repeating his senior year after a suspension), maria, sophie, benji, and me. i sat next to maria with and empty seat on my other side. i didn't eat school lunch because it always tasted like plastic.

everyone sat down after me and maria with her fancy bagged lunch ass. everyone but her had a tray in there hand.

"you need to eat more leyia." sophie said.

"i'm not hungry." i shrug.

"you're never hungry." ryan pitched in. we have this talk at least twice a week. i just don't get very hungry.

benji's pov

i watched them interrogate aleyia once again. she just sat there denying it. deep down i felt like she knew she had a problem. i watched her loose weight. for gods sake i've seen her naked almost every day and it's like she looses 5 pounds every time her clothes come off.

"i'm not anorexic." she laughs slightly pissed.

"then eat something." maria said.

"i'm not hungry right now." she repeated "eat this piece of pizza." ryan said placing a small piece of pizza on a napkin in front of her.

"come on guys." cyrus said "maybe she isn't hungry."

"thank you." aleyia sighed. "just eat it. it's tiny." sophie said. aleyia stared at the tiny piece of school food with a disgusted look. i felt bad but what could i do? maria handed her a fork and she just looked at it.

"eat it." ryan said. i watched the emotion build up in her face. she put it her her mouth and chewed the piece. "see, i'm not anorexic." she exclaimed.

everyone shrugged it off and continued but i watched the sick look build up on her face. she looked like she was going to cry and just looked down at her phone ready for the second lunch bell to ring and when it did she booked it out of the cafeteria.

she came back to our next period calculus late. she whispered something to the teacher about it. she followed the outside line of desks to the second to last row two seats kitty corner to me. i had never seen her look so defeated in my life

———————————————————————
November 28, 2019
568 words

i need melatonin

d ☁️