- seven

aleyia

i straighten my hair pulling out the rest of my hair from behind my ear. a hard rock cafe shirt tucked into some high wasted thrifted jeans with a thick beat. kinda lame but i didn't want to look cute. who was i stunting on anyway.

i heard a horn honk and i rushed outside locking the door behind me into maria's car. i slid into the back seat. "aloha." i greeted her and cyrus in the front.

"you look dope." cyrus said.

"i would have chose more glitter." maria said as i shut my car door. "i'm here to get fucked up not shimmer." cyrus chuckled. he was wearing a blue jean jacket over a white shirt with black pants. maria wore a meshy crop top embroidered with stars and a darker black crop top under it. i stole the aux and played my skating playlist. which was really only my vibes but no one said anything.

it was a short drive to summerlin only like 20 minutes but it was boring. we pulled up the most modern house i think i would ever step foot in. three stories. glass windows all over. a huge pool you could see through the front. "i don't bring a bathing suit." i sighed.

"we have underwear for a reason." maria shot back parking the car in the huge loop around a modern water fountain.

"good thing i wore a cute set." i laugh sliding out of the car. we all walked together to the front door. the house was spacious and already packed tight.

"ryan said they were outback." cyrus yelled loud enough to us. i nodded and broke away from them. the music was loud as always sending vibrations through my feet. i walked over to the water cooler full of mix drink and filled my solo cup. i made my way out of the packed room through the kitchen and into the back yard. i ran my hand through my hair forgetting about the little medical wrap i had around my palm after one big shard of that bowl decided to square up.

i looked around and found cyrus. then maria. then sophie sitting on benji's lap. that one hurt a little. i grabbed clenched my cup a little tighter and decided not to go over. instead chucked the luke warm drink with barely any vodka and walked back into the kitchen. i skimmed around and just poured myself coconut rum and shrugged.

i walked around for a little until i stumbled into a room of games with an eightball table. that's where is found ryan.

"hey." i say setting my cup on the side while he played pool against against this one baseball player from one district over.

"five ball in the corner pocket." ryan says. before standing up from his hunched over position. the sound of balls clanking rung in my ears. he turned around and gave me a hug. i stood on my tippy toes because he was so damn tall. "here take this." he said passing me his joint and focusing back on his game. "seven in mid pocket." the kid called before missing.

"hey wait i wanna shoot one." i said taking the cue out of ryan's hands and bending over the table. making sure go through that ass back as hard as possible for anyone looking.

i learned how to play billiards with my tío in his bar when i was like 9. he used to babysit a lot when my dad was in the force and my grandma was at work.

"three ball, corner pocket." i called with the joint still nestled between my lips before taking my shot and landing in the pocket. "hey i still got it."