-twenty three

aleyia

i declined benji's offer. sure i was gonna be lonely but i figured it would be a lot easier to eat some kfc by myself than it would be to get all dressed up and impress benjis family.

and i could wear my biker shorts all day and not care. i always paired my shorts with a vintage oversized tee. i poked at a famous bowl and listened to the quiet music emanating from my tv. my focus was drawn out the window to all the clouds coating the las vegas suburbs.

i pushed my food to the side and pulled the lid over it. not having my dad here really brought my mood down. every year it had always been me and him since my mom bailed. he had always made sure to be home for me. i was getting older so i guess i just had to get used to it.

i walked to my closet and threw on my skate shoes. if i was gonna be alone i was gonna enjoy myself.

i skated around the constant intersections across atleast 3 neighborhoods. by the time i checked my phone i realized i was back in summerlin hills where benji had his birthday party last month. i sat down on a curb and caught my breath. the sun was finally setting over nevada.

the colors in the sky were my que to get back home before dark. half way through my ride i ate shit.

one fucking rock in the road n my tire had to go right over it.

i had to have tumbled atleast 5 feet before stopping in some grass. i layed still catching my breath staring at the blue gray sky above me. i sat up to face my bloody knee and some pretty shitty road rash. i pushed myself up off the ground and stood. i still had like a mile and a half back home and i was gonna have to walk it. well more like limp it.

i felt the pain in my entire left side growing with every step to the concrete. i watched as i passed the houses all the family's together. some were still at tables some were talking in livingrooms. but they were all together. i kept stumbling down a crazy long street before pausing.

i was face to face with the end of the street. "you have to be fucking kidding me" i mumbled. i was walking down a dead end for about 15 minutes. i sat down on the sidewalk once again and snatched my phone out of my pocket.

"hey." i gulped into my phone. i really hoped i wasn't interrupting anything.

"do you think you could come pick me up?"

———————————————————————
august 13, 2020
463 words

(:

d ☁️