- fourteen

aleyia

i laid by following the picture on my tv. i felt like shit but i didn't have a concussion so there's that. my phone was dry and every times i open was it the view in the snapchat camera scared me. over my temple there was a huge bruise stretching over my eye.

i still can't believe he hit me. i used to love him so much and he hurt me. i rolled over facing my window. i let my eyes fall and just thought everything over zoning out the sound of the tv behind me. i opened my eyes and almost shrieked at the sight of brown fluffy hair opening my window.

i jumped back. never once had i been terrified of him but i was. i slid of the bed and walked to the chair putting it between me and him.

benji

it broke my heart watching her crawl away from me seeing the terrified look in her eyes. "aleyia." i said softly crawling onto the bed. i noticed the deep purple mark on the side of her head and i realized it was my fault. i slowly got off the bed.

"what are you doing?" she stuttered and tried to back further into her desk.

"i'm not gonna hurt you. i just wanna talk." my eyebrows furrowed in regret. watching her hide herself from me. "please don't be scared of me."

she didn't speak a word she just held onto the counter and i watched her face change. the tears welted up in her eyes and i watched her not be able to push them back. "don't cry." i tried to get closer to her.

the door swung open causing her to jump. i looked over at the door frame. "what the hell are you doing here?" cameron scowled. getting closer to me. "i'll fuck up that ugly mug even more."

i stood still as he got into my face. "get the fuck out of here." he pushed me back and i took one last look at aleyia. she was still crying. i shook my head. "i'm sorry." i walked past her douchebag bumping shoulders on the way out.

aleyia

why the fuck was i crying? i couldn't figure that out. as soon as benji walked out cam moved the chair engulfing me into a hug. "what did he try and do?" he asked rubbing my back gently.

"i don't know." i struggled to catch my breath. i was bawling and i hated it. i felt my whole body shake and that's when i realized i was panicking. i was choking on all my words.

"hey, it's okay. he's gone. just calm down." he consoled me. i felt him gently pick me off the ground and cary me to the bed. he laid me on his chest and rubbed his hands through my hair. it took me a long time to calm down. next thing i knew i was dozing off.

cameron

i stayed silent letting her sleep on me. her quiet light breaths were reassuring. i didn't like seeing her sad like that. i was so close to snapping benji's neck at that point but i knew what they had in the past. i knew it all. she had told me.

that was the difference. she told me everything that happened. and we all could tell sophie never got told. i would love to blurt it out one day but i never thought it was my place. i'm thinking it might be my place soon.

if beating his ass won't show him to stay the fuck back then maybe this will.

———————————————————————
february 7, 2020
628 words

these last few chapters have been short but things will pick up next chapter i promise

d ☁️