- twenty seven

aleyia

i sat still tapping my foot waiting for an answer. please answer. please answer. i kept repeating in my head.

"aleyia omg where have you been?" maria screamed at me from the other side of the phone. i moved the phone from my ear in an attempt to keep my hearing

"are you busy today?" i asked.

"are you just gonna ignore my question? cryus and me were out all night looking for you i thought you were dead!" she continued to yell.

"i'll explain everything just go to lunch with me."

"so he gave you xans?!" maria yells over the crowded restaurant sending the other patrons into silence.

i sat there looking at her for a moment with my lips parted in shock.

"do you wanna maybe say that louder or...?"

"i'm sorry. but why is that such a big deal aleyia? it's only xanax. it's supposed to calm you down." she tried to explain.

"maria not everyone has the same reaction. i only freaked out when i realized what he gave me. he told me it was a painkiller and i jus-"

"wait. he lied to you about what you were taking?" she interrupts me.

"yeah." i said blatantly.

"he never told us that. he told us y'all took some shit and then you went crazy and ran away. he called us when he couldn't find you." she admitted. i sat there for a second. he really lied them too. what the fuck was he hiding.

"yeah." i paused for a moment wondering if i should tell her about the drawer. i almost forgot about the drawer. he had piles of prescription pill bottles. how long has he been doing this?

"if he lied i wouldn't have called him i have to call cyrus hold on." maria grabs her phone out of her back pocket and made her way to the restaurant bathroom.

i checked my phone and saw my instagram was blowing up. i quickly unlocked it and looked.

@makisop
what happened with you and ryan?

@sveticscrub
wow she's uglier than i thought...

@vannaax
@sveticscrub yeah she's fat too lmaooo

— 75 more comments —

i furrowed my brow confused.

"what's wrong?" maria's voice snapped me out of my focus causing my head to jerk up at her. i slid my phone over to her so she could see my comment section.

"what the fuck?!" she yelled drawing attention from all the people eating their lunches. i grabbed my phone back and she slid out of her booth and into mine to gaze over my shoulder. i navigated from my notifications to my messages.

"265 requests?" we said in sync. we scrolled through the messages seeing hundreds of people hurling words of hate at me.

"are you upset?" maria asked. i paused for a minute. "i don't know." that was the truth. there were hundreds of notifications coming in from all of
my social media accounts of people i didn't even know. "i don't even know why they're doing it."

"wait." maria threw fifty bucks in the table and grabbed my wrist dragging me out of the restaurant to her car in the parking lot. she whipped out her phone.

"what are you doing i asked?" with her phone connected to the bluetooth she set her phone up against the dashboard and watched in horror.

"what's going on guys it's your boy scrubs here back again with another video..." ryan's voice came through the car speakers. i tapped the screen to see the title of the video.

"my best friends girlfriend is trying to say i drugged her.."

"are you fucking kidding me?"

———————————————————————
july 6, 2021
615 words

did you miss me?

d