- thirteen

aleyia

i pushed the heavy push doors to the cafeteria open which marked the halfway point of my day. i sat down at my table waiting for cameron putting my bag at the seat next to me so sophie couldn't pull anything.

me and him had been great since i told him about benji. the table slowly filled in. "hey baby." sophie said as benji sat down. she doesn't know. it's obvious. i sat on my phone until i felt a hand on my back. i turn around quickly to see cameron eying benji. he sat down next to me and i grabbed his hand.

he looked at me and swallowed. he had been like this every time he saw him. i hadn't seen him mad since the porch and part of me knew that wasn't as bad as he could get. i put both hands on the sides of his face and kissed him. i his hand made its way to my wrist n i felt him relax a little.

"whore." i heard sophie cough.

"excuse me?" i ask "i'm a what?" i ask louder

"i didn't say anything." sophie lies.

"unconfrontational bitch if you're gonna talk your shit say it cause ill drop my shit to your brassy fake blonde ass right now." i felt the whole table get quiet. and her jaw just drop. the anger in my rises so fast

"control your bitch." benji says. i felt my teeth clenched as he looked me dead in the eye.

"yo." cyrus said trying to stop him.

"you heard me." he shrugged. before i could say anything i watched as a muscular hand reached across the table grabbing benji's collar and ripping him from his seat knocking over half of the lunch trays. i quickly slid out of the way as benji's legs went flying by. i watched as cameron slammed him against the tile wall and began pummeling his fists into benji's face.

"stop!" sophie screamed. i watched as she ran into my vision and into cameron trying to slap him off of benji going for any place she could until she got to his face and i could see her rings staring to make an imprint. i stood up and easily clocked her ass onto the ground.

i couldn't see much past the yelling and the blood so i just put my arms between them and began pushing. i closed my eyes pushing with everything i had but i was pushing their torsos at this point my height wasn't helping.

"chill-" i am cut off by a heavy hit into the left side of my face sending me into someone. my ears rang loudly and my vision went blurry. everything around me was loud but i couldn't make it out. i felt myself being picked off the ground but i felt like i was blinded.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?!" i could make out cameron's voice screaming. that's when i recognized who's arms i was in. my head felt like it was pulsing.

"i didn't mean to hit her!" i made our benji's voice. i felt cameron's hand on the back of my head and i opened my eyes. things came back slowly and painfully.

"babe can you hear me?" cameron face came in and i could make him out without detail. i looked at his face and the small red cut on his cheek from sophie's rings. i tilted my head up to see sophie being picked off the ground and benji's red and bloody face looking dead at me.

i lifted my hand up to the pain in my face and felt the sting immediately. i cried lightly moving my hand. "don't touch that." cameron said grabbing my wrist and moving it to my stomach.

"that kinda hurts." i said in a higher pitched voice through my teeth. i wish i didn't but that's how it came out.

"im gonna fucking kill you." i felt cameron set me on the ground lightly and charge out to benjis but he was stopped by coach rinker.

i felt a hand lift me off the ground helping me to my feet. i kept my eyes on cameron being held back by his coach. it scared the shit out of me.

i was sat into a seat in the corner of the room and two people sat around looking at my head waiting for a nurse. i watched them cary sophie out of the lunch room bridal style and i scoffed out loud. every movement hurt my head even more. i watched them push cameron out as he moved around trying to break from everyone's gasp. then they walked out with a hand on benji's arm. he looked over his shoulder and looked me directly in the eyes.

what i saw wasn't remorse. it was empty. just blank. he wiped the blood from one of the many cuts on his face and turned back around making his way out of the door.

"mrs. velazquez, were gonna have to call your parents. due to the fact you knocked out sophie masterson were gonna have to suspend you for three days."

"damn."

———————————————————————
february 5, 2020
877 words

i do be going through it.

d ☁️